Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mid-Atlantic Honda Insight Club cordially invites the CR-Z (HCH and Accord Hybrid) owners to our "Fall Maintenance Day/Social Meet" at Lincoln Tech College in beautiful Columbia, MD on Saturday, 17 October 2015.

The agenda is developing, but there will be 20-30 minute classes on Gen 1 Insight overview, Gen 2 Overview, and hoping one of you can do the CR-Z Overview. Some Lincoln Tech Aut Tech students will also be in attendance to learn more about these little fun to drive MPG marvels (yes, that's both the Gen 1 and the CR-Z :)

We will have access to a shop (bring your own tools), with three lifts. At out tech days of past meets, we usually do quick oil changes, under body aero shield fixes/ mod installs, spring swaps, etc and lately we have had to inspect lots of cars for brake line corrosion or rust treatment.

A lot of us are eager to learn more about the CR-Z. And a lot of our members have a lot to present about battery maintenance.

And, if you live near DC area, why not mention one of our past sponsors, Honda of Tysons Corner in Vienna, VA who offered 20% discount on parts for Mid-Atlantic Club members. Please ask for Sebastian (Parts Manager) for more details.

Please see 17 Oct 2015: Honda Hybrid Meet / Fall Maintenance Day. Columbia, MD - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum for more up to date info. Or email me at [email protected]

·
Deputy Forum Librarian
4,781 Posts
The Mid-Atlantic Honda Insight Club cordially invites the CR-Z (HCH and Accord Hybrid) owners to our "Fall Maintenance Day/Social Meet" at Lincoln Tech College in beautiful Columbia, MD on Saturday, 17 October 2015.

The agenda is developing, but there will be 20-30 minute classes on Gen 1 Insight overview, Gen 2 Overview, and hoping one of you can do the CR-Z Overview. Some Lincoln Tech Aut Tech students will also be in attendance to learn more about these little fun to drive MPG marvels (yes, that's both the Gen 1 and the CR-Z :)

We will have access to a shop (bring your own tools), with three lifts. At out tech days of past meets, we usually do quick oil changes, under body aero shield fixes/ mod installs, spring swaps, etc and lately we have had to inspect lots of cars for brake line corrosion or rust treatment.

A lot of us are eager to learn more about the CR-Z. And a lot of our members have a lot to present about battery maintenance.

And, if you live near DC area, why not mention one of our past sponsors, Honda of Tysons Corner in Vienna, VA who offered 20% discount on parts for Mid-Atlantic Club members. Please ask for Sebastian (Parts Manager) for more details.

Please see 17 Oct 2015: Honda Hybrid Meet / Fall Maintenance Day. Columbia, MD - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum for more up to date info. Or email me at [email protected]
Most of the members from your area are active on the Honda CRZ Facebook. Maybe post the invite there too!

Good luck and post pictures!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
if any of this applies to us id definitely like to hear about it. most i could find online was about replacement/rebuilding/charging. of theres more info available id definitely like a link to some material. wish i lived out there i would totally go

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the positive comments! Thanks for the tips: will have someone advertise on Facebook.

@KaytwoZero: I am not the expert, but we have several who are. The nickel metal hydride battery should be similar at least in concept. We also have members experimenting with Lithium Ion battery swaps.
We have three main battery vendors who have sponsored us in the past: BumbleBeeBatteries, HybridReVolt , and HybridAutomotive. (I will post links later)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our Insight members with reputable hybrid battery service businesses are:

Eli in the Portland, OR area at: http://bumblebeebatteries.com/?PhoneScript=cpc&gclid=CO2yoPzEjsgCFUIXHwodnZkAMA

Matt in the Phoenix, AZ area at: http://www.hybridrevolt.com/catalog/

Jeff in California at: http://hybridautomotive.com/gc/

Eric in Madison, WI at: http://www.evpowers.com

If you are in the Mid-Atlantic area on 17/18 October, you should sign up for our meetup in Columbia MD at the Lincoln Tech College. (See link above).

We will have access to lifts, a Dyno (limited cars, but we want at least one CR-Z), a classroom, etc.

I am looking for a CR-Z enthusiast who could do a 20 minute brief about their car. We already have some sessions scheduled, such as transmission talk on a cutaway Insight 5 speed transmission, battery maintenance/grid charging, hypermiling, etc

Second day we will meet at the Smithsonian Annex Udvar-Házy Aviation museum in Chantilly, VA. (More at InsightCentral.net in social section)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A reminder for the Saturday event at the Lincoln Tech Auto College in Columbia MD. Start time is 8am. Finish by 2 pm and social at a nearby grille afterwards. (Regretfully our time at the college was cut short)

Great news though, We now have 12 lifts available! Dyno is only for 6speed CR-Zs , not for CVTs.

Sunday is meetup is on 18 Oct at 10:00 at the Smithsonian Air Museum annex in Chantilly Va. We have a USAF U2 pilot that will join us for the tour and lunch afterwards!!! A rare opportunity to meet and chat with someone who has traveled beyond the skies!

Please email me if you are planning on attending...thanks. [email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was great to meet you! Sorry the dyno didn't work out for your sweet CR-Z.
It turned out to be a great event! We had a 12 bay garage and classrooms available. We had 19 people there, which is huge for the Gen1 Insight groups. The social afterward was a lot of fun too, as was the visit to Smithsonian Air Annex in Chantilly, VA the next day. We enjoyed the company of a U-2 pilot and had 11 in attendance.

(More pics on InsightCentral.net at the above link)
We had one Civic Hybrid (5speed) one BMW M3 (the owner has two Gen1 insights) , a mint 99 Geo Metro, and I brought my Smart Electric Drive along with my citrus Insight.
The host paid us complements, stating we were the best group to work with, and invited us back for more events.
We are hoping for even more CR-Zs at the next one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts