Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
So how's the car holding up over this time? Any major repairs or maintenance? I've only got about 3k on my '15 but this is the first car out of the dozen I've owned that I really feel I could keep a long time if the car holds up that long.

I'm hoping to beat me dad's current record, he's had his Tacoma since it was new in 2003. It's got ~190k miles on it and runs as good as it did when it was new. A couple pairs of tires, brakes once, spark plugs once and the warranty replacement frame + shocks is all he had to do to it. I'm hoping my cr-z will be that reliable.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So how's the car holding up over this time? Any major repairs or maintenance? I've only got about 3k on my '15 but this is the first car out of the dozen I've owned that I really feel I could keep a long time if the car holds up that long.

I'm hoping to beat me dad's current record, he's had his Tacoma since it was new in 2003. It's got ~190k miles on it and runs as good as it did when it was new. A couple pairs of tires, brakes once, spark plugs once and the warranty replacement frame + shocks is all he had to do to it. I'm hoping my cr-z will be that reliable.

Congrats!

I thought I drive a lot, but you got me beat by at least 10% a year. Good to know the car is running strong at 150,000 miles. I'm leaning closer to just driving the car until it dies. How has the car been so far? Any obnoxious noises? Any major fixes or maintenance? Can you share your overall experience between 50k intervals (50,100,150)?

Thanks!
I can't speak more highly of this car between mile number 13 and mile 160,573 (currently).

10,000 zero issues.
20,000 zero issues.
30,000 zero issues.
*40,000 cracked fog light lens.
Honda replaced at no cost.
50,000 zero issues.
60,000 zero issues.
70,000 zero issues.
80,000 zero issues.
90,000 zero issues.
100,00 zero issues.
110,000 zero issues.
120,000 zero issues.
130,000 zero issues.
140,000 zero issues.
150,000 zero issues.
*160,000 driver side HID is going out. I may also need new shocks.

I still have my factory brake pads. I recently had an alignment done at the Honda dealership and I asked him to check my brake pads and rotors. The guy says they look like they were brand-new with no grooves in the discs and hardly any wear on the pads. He thought I almost had them recently put on. I do drive a lot on the interstate and my local town only has about three or four traffic lights between my house and work 23 miles away. But even then I don't follow closely to other cars to give myself distance to stop and just in case something gets kicked up by the car in front of me, my car doesn't get struck by it. I easy down to stop signs and traffic lights. I use the downshift paddle quite often to take most of the load off the brake pads but I also like the engine sound.

Overall one of the best experiences I've had with the car. I had a first-generation Honda Insight prior to the CR-Z and it was almost just as reliable. Between the Insight and this car I am a lifetime buyer of Honda products.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for the in depth response! (despite lack of actual repairs!!!!)

I'm looking forward to driving this car for many years to come and I am really glad to know that it should be nearly bullet proof. My biggest concern going in was the lack of high mileage crz's (because there are so few crz's to begin with) to see how the long term life would be, but I figured it had to be good to earn a Honda badge.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Keep it coming...gives us lower mileage members something to look forward to in reliability! You're actually just about 100k over me right now LOL +/- a few hundred miles

1 - 20 of 28 Posts