Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OEM fog lights on any of my 3 cars do little to nothing to actually improve visibility, par for the course.

I picked up some 9005 LEDs for my fogs was wondering for those who may have researched, are these OEM fog lights projectors? Hoping adding the brighter LEDs will aid in throw but dont want to end up with sloppy spillage. Do they upgrade well with just new bulbs or have you guys tried any complete housing swaps? Gonna look around at what's available if anything now DD and iJDM.

Maybe a better question is Are these OEM fog light quality with good throw worth upgrading bulbs in or does it require changing out the whole assembly to get the throw I speak of?

· Registered
237 Posts
I did wire in the backlights, We are a bit low for them to really show except under low light conditions.

Stock fogs
Font Tints and shades Darkness Landscape Wood

DD fogs installed
Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting White Hood

They throw some light and from the factory will need to be aimed down just a smidge. The cutoff is sharper than the Headlights, just some "BMW" colorbanding you will only notice when aiming at a wall.
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Seen 2 videos replacing fog assemblies 1 where the screws are accessible through the rear by way of fender liner and the 2nd where the plastic had to come out of the front bumper to get to screws in the front. Ill have to just start with the fender liner to see whats going on as there is a clip that needs to come out of there even if the screws are from the front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts