Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll catch you next year! I'm only at 110K, but I bought mine in mid 2013 (new)

Chop Chop Then ?.....

I'm averaging about 30,000 miles a year for the last 5 years or so. My wife started dental school last August so I go see often. That's now going to increase my annual average to around 38,500 miles.

I'm glad I purchased 7 cases of Mobil 1 0W-20 synthetic and free oil filters while on clearance. Advance Auto Parts was running a big sale, they let me use discount cards and manufacturers coupons. I paid around $3.00 a quart.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats!

I thought I drive a lot, but you got me beat by at least 10% a year. Good to know the car is running strong at 150,000 miles. I'm leaning closer to just driving the car until it dies. How has the car been so far? Any obnoxious noises? Any major fixes or maintenance? Can you share your overall experience between 50k intervals (50,100,150)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chop Chop Then ?.....

I'm averaging about 30,000 miles a year for the last 5 years or so. My wife started dental school last August so I go see often. That's now going to increase my annual average to around 38,500 miles.

I'm glad I purchased 7 cases of Mobil 1 0W-20 synthetic and free oil filters while on clearance. Advance Auto Parts was running a big sale, they let me use discount cards and manufacturers coupons. I paid around $3.00 a quart.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is what I have left. I did have two shelves full.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats!

I thought I drive a lot, but you got me beat by at least 10% a year. Good to know the car is running strong at 150,000 miles. I'm leaning closer to just driving the car until it dies. How has the car been so far? Any obnoxious noises? Any major fixes or maintenance? Can you share your overall experience between 50k intervals (50,100,150)?

Thanks!

Oh, I'm driving this until the day the engine blows up. If the battery pack dies tomorrow I'll spend the money and get a new one. The car is still solid as can be.

The only issue I had with this car is the fog light lens cracked. I contacted Honda even though I was outside of warranty and they replaced it for me at no cost.

The only obnoxious noise is in the rear hatch towards the top were it hinges onto the body. Somewhere underneath that plastic something is vibrating ever so slightly for the last hundred thousand miles or so. I could remove the plastic to see what it is but I just can't find the time to do it.

I recently had a vibration noise in the steering wheel. I found what it was. The Bluetooth buttons needed their screws tightened. I removed the back plastic cover and tightened it and no more issues.

I've had zero major fixes outside of the fog light cover glass replacement.

Regarding maintenance, I do whatever the maintenance minder tells me to do, to the letter and I haven't had any issues. i've learned that if I don't cut corners this car rewards me with consistent performance. I change my own engine oil, cabin filter, engine filter, and changed the spark plugs at 110,000 miles when it came due.

I have my tires rotated and balanced every oil change at Walmart. I bought their lifetime rotation and balance and it pays off after just two times.

I have my local Honda dealer due my transmission fluid changes whenever the maintenance minder tells me to do so. Average is every 30,000 miles.

I can't speak more highly of this car between mile number 13 and mile 150,355 (currently).

I've been posting on this site and creating the 10,000 mile interval clubs when needed.
50,000 miles came and went with a zero issue.
100,000 miles came and went with zero issues.
150 thousand miles came and has now gone with zero issues.

I still have my factory brake pads. I recently had an alignment done at the Honda dealership and I asked him to check my brake pads and rotors. The guy says they look like they were brand-new with no grooves in the discs and hardly any wear on the pads. He thought I almost had them recently put on. I do drive a lot on the interstate and my local town only has about three or four traffic lights between my house and work 23 miles away. But even then I don't follow closely to other cars to give myself distance to stop and just in case something gets kicked up by the car in front of me, my car doesn't get struck by it. I easy down to stop signs and traffic lights. I use the downshift paddle quite often to take most of the load off the brake pads but I also like the engine sound.

Overall one of the best experiences I've had with the car. I had a first-generation Honda Insight prior to the CR-Z and it was almost just as reliable. Between the Insight and this car I am a lifetime buyer of Honda products.

My wife wants a WaveRunner someday. It will be a Honda.
If I ever get a generator for my home. It will be a Honda.
If I ever buy a motorcycle. It will be a Honda ST1300PA.
If I ever become rich enough to have my own private airplane. It will be a Honda Jet.
I have a Honda engine lawnmower and it's still going strong.

An ultimate dream of mine is to be able to visit the Honda museum and factories in Japan. Maybe someday I can get there on my Honda Jet. ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I changed my brake pads at 100K. While the fronts were still 2/3rds there, the rear were well over 1/2 worn out. And a Driver's side fog light at 100 K ;-).

I'm getting due for the plugs, are they at all difficult?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I changed my brake pads at 100K. While the fronts were still 2/3rds there, the rear were well over 1/2 worn out. And a Driver's side fog light at 100 K ;-).

I'm getting due for the plugs, are they at all difficult?

I didn't want to remove the black panel right underneath the windshield wiper. So it end up being a little bit more difficult with the limited space. I used a spark plug socket with a long extender and it did the job. I keep a little thing around with the magnet on the end chances are you're going to drop one of those screws to remove the spark plug wire. Took me a max about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congrats on the mileage! That's a great thing to read. I had purchased the car initially to have as a 3rd "fun" car, but from what I keep reading about the reliability of it, I may just make it my DD from now until the wheels fall off.

Thanks for the awesome post :thumbsup:

·
Registered
481 Posts
That's awesome to know our cars will last! And here I am coming closer to my second oil change. I got my '14 brand new and now I'm at 18,000 miles. I wanted to be one of those owners who claimed to always have their oil changed at the dealer but after having my T1r test pipe installed I don't want Honda to know I have it and void my warranty lol I suppose I'll just change my own oil from now on. Ha

1 - 20 of 33 Posts