Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. our search here sucks.

2. Anyone put a 15 inch rim on with no issues?

3. 7 inch wide rim, zero offset.

Show me some pictures if possible.

205-45 ish 15 race rubber.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
The search isn't bad you just aren't asking the question you want answered the correct way.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
That being said Item9 runs 15's sometimes on his rear I think.. Check out his build thread.

·
Registered
415 Posts
That being said Item9 runs 15's sometimes on his rear I think.. Check out his build thread.
Yeah, that's the only person I can think of that's at least run 15's on one end of their car. I think you all's spares are 15's, so most reasonable applications should work.

That being said, zero offset? That's like.. really really wide. I run 16x7 +30 and my fronts don't need any more poke. I couldn't even imagine zero. It won't work.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3.5 inches on either side of the hub. I dont think poke will be an issue. But hence asking questions.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just to give you some reference point of what I'm talking about, this was my fitment before coils and camber. So imagine your wheel being 30mm or ~1.2 in further out. Also, I'm running 205's on the tire.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Use Google to search this site. You will get better results. Type this into the Google search box

site:crzforum.com 15" rim

·
Registered
150 Posts
N2OEQIP, this for autocross or track? I am wondering what it does for your acceleration. Should be a bit quicker.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah, that's the only person I can think of that's at least run 15's on one end of their car. I think you all's spares are 15's, so most reasonable applications should work.

That being said, zero offset? That's like.. really really wide. I run 16x7 +30 and my fronts don't need any more poke. I couldn't even imagine zero. It won't work.
I run 15 inch steel rims 10+k an year in the snow. there is not fitment problems in the front or the rear they are stock offset 15 inch rims from and 2010 civic lx that i had before my crz

·
Registered
20 Posts
sharing random pics that i have in my collection.

credit to their owners.

shout out to Honda CRZ Owners Club Malaysia, Facebook page!

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z GT-Navi Milano Red
149 Posts
No offence but I don’t really get this. For me your car now look more like kids toy

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
Isn't the standard wheel on most CR-Zs 16" with 17" and 18" being optional OEM? I hate hub caps, I am glad my CR-Z does not have them. For winter wheels steel wheels with snow tires maybe but for the rest of the year it does not make sense to me but it is your car. Aren't steel wheels like that heavier?

What is the supposed advantage to this? Does using smaller wheels affect the accuracy of the speedometer and any other systems on the car?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Isn't the standard wheel on most CR-Zs 16" with 17" and 18" being optional OEM? I hate hub caps, I am glad my CR-Z does not have them. For winter wheels steel wheels with snow tires maybe but for the rest of the year it does not make sense to me but it is your car. Aren't steel wheels like that heavier?

What is the supposed advantage to this? Does using smaller wheels affect the accuracy of the speedometer and any other systems on the car?
Civic hybrid wheels are alloy, not steel with with covers, though technically the center caps on these are big enough to almost call them "hub caps." They were also specifically designed to reduce drag, much like the setup on the OG Insight. Wheel size has just about zero to do with the speedometer, it's all about the overall diameter of the tires. Other than brake clearance, which has also been pretty well established that most 15inch Honda wheels will clear the stock brakes (other than possibly on the rears of the 2016 CR-Z) with no issues, and there is no affect on any other system. Smaller wheels + more rubber = more compliant ride(theoretcally). @Spdbump You know this already, with all the wheel/tire threads on here, but perhaps you forgot, or are just trying to stir the pot playing devil's advocate. This is not by any means the first 15inch wheel swap, nor is it even the first time someone has used the wheels from a Civic Hybrid.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Like previously stated by Fediej they are alloys which are actually lighter than the original alloys that were on it and design primarily for aerodynamics. I also put them on because they increase sidewall is better for comfort and performance off-road which I live in Colorado so our roads are not always the best. Heather goes for the difference in wheel size the 195 65 r15s are only 3% bigger than the stock tires you'll find on a CRZ you can fix this by changing down to a 195 60, in order to only have a 1% difference but the three percent difference only changes your speedometer's accuracy by about one mile an hour until you get up to about 50 mph in which it goes up to 2. And if I put on the slightly smaller tires this would only be a slight decimal change.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts