Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
Just hit 120,000 on my 2013 CRX EX-MT, bought Aug 9 2013.
Following the maintenance minder, and have no problems yet, except replacing the fog lights for cracked lenses like everyone else. I bought them and replaced them myself, it wasn't hard just pulling off the front fascia.

· Registered
3,955 Posts
..... It's funny I used to say that I would never purchase a Honda because everyone and their mother and their sister and all of the other relatives had a Honda.
Yeah, I guess we know now why there's so damned many of them around. They really are that good.

I used to own Volkswagens and Audis and I can't tell you the thousands and thousands dollars that I spent in keeping those cars running. Never again.
My TT roadster's down because I haven't bothered to reset the monitors to get it through smog. And of course the LEDs in the dash display are half dead. Maybe the French weren't the best to source the instrument panel from.
And the accumulation of little things on the Phaeton, capped with the windshield deciding to crack like a Chevy pickup's, were going to cost more to fix than it was to buy the Z. The most irritating single thing about the VW was the need to have the software ($600) to go through the OBD to adjust the things that the Z lets you do with the Customized Settings screen.
What continually surprises me about the CR-Z is how quietly it cruises on a good road. The Phaeton had very little on it in routine driving, and of course by now even the Hyundai cars have most of the toys the Phaeton did.
And I don't know what to make of the VW smog cheating. Are they the only ones doing it, or just the first ones to be caught?
The most expensive car I've had was a '95 Talon AWD. Something broke or gave out every month.

· Registered
5,362 Posts
Gotta hop in on the VW thing, I'm an aircooled man myself (had a few older bugs etc in the past.) and those are amazing. Rubber bands and paper clips keep them runnin' forever.

As for newer VW's, great cars, when they run right. Can't believe how many issues we have with my girlfriends B5 Passat wagon.

Still love them though, but won't own a watercooled unless it's a Phaeton.

· Registered
449 Posts
Just hit 120,000 and decided to spend 35$ on spark plugs. Because she's worth it. ;).
My mpg have gone down quite a bit since winter started... Might just be the cold but I'll try new plugs. New 0-20 mobile one oil+ Fram ultra syn filter went in at 119k

· Registered
2,256 Posts
Yeah good point Defiant, probably want to consider doing that at some point. And yeah it is possible the previous owner did them. I think the maintenance minder should come up somewhere around 100K or so depending on driving maybe a bit more.

This lengthened interval I can agree with, I adjusted mine at the older recommended interval (60K) out of curiosity and while they were a little loose and not all were even they were still technically in specified clearance.

· Registered
49 Posts
Hi everyone, bought a 2014 CRZ new here, have 122,300 miles on it now. Put new plugs in at 100k, new tires on it, just a bit bigger ones than stock, K&N Tornado air intake system at 5k miles, put a bra on the front when it was new. Replaced the serpentine belt yesterday..great driving car. Thanks for letting me join.

· Premium Member
9,067 Posts
Hi everyone, bought a 2014 CRZ new here, have 122,300 miles on it now. Put new plugs in at 100k, new tires on it, just a bit bigger ones than stock, K&N Tornado air intake system at 5k miles, put a bra on the front when it was new. Replaced the serpentine belt yesterday..great driving car. Thanks for letting me join.
Wow, you have more mileage on yours than I do on my 2013. Glad to hear you are driving it rather than having it sit!:grin2: But you only have 2 postings :frown2:

· Premium Member
9,067 Posts
Tks for the reply..guess I spend more time driving than posting...have 123,300 miles now..my 99 Civic when I sold it had 532,428 miles on it. Everything still worked on it too..ac was ice cold..loved that car.
It is not even broken in yet. There are those on this forum with over 200K:grin2:

I hope The Speed Bump lasts as long as your last Honda. The car it replaced had 165K on it when i sold it to get The Speed Bump due to excessive need for $1K oil changes ( parts at oil change time due to random failures) and its need for 91 octane fuel.:frown2:

21 - 40 of 50 Posts