Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This CR-Z has been awesome. I purchased it brand new on September 29th 2010 and not major issues. The ONLY issue I've had is the cracked fog light and Honda replaced that at no charge even after I was out of warranty. This has one of the best purchases I've ever made. The first best purchase was my 1st Gen Honda Insight CVT.

· Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, no battery change even?

Nope, not single issue other than the fog light crack. I've been following the maintenance minders to a T.
I do my own oil changes and replaced my spark plugs.
Wal-Mart rotates and balances my tires. FYI, the lifetime rotation and balance is worth the cost. It pays itself back in two rotations.
Honda replaces my CVT fluid.

So far so good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
235 Posts
Nope, not single issue other than the fog light crack. I've been following the maintenance minders to a T.
I do my own oil changes and replaced my spark plugs.
Wal-Mart rotates and balances my tires. FYI, the lifetime rotation and balance is worth the cost. It pays itself back in two rotations.
Honda replaces my CVT fluid.

So far so good.

How often have you changed CVT fluid? Do you change it according to the maintenance minder or more often? How often do you use the paddles or drive "spiritedly". Just curious....

I plan on driving my CR-Z until at least 150K miles before I ever consider trading or selling mine. So, I am glad to see others peoples' CR-Zs with high mileage being trouble free.

Let us know when you hit 150k, and 175k, and 200k, and.............:thumbsup:

· Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How often have you changed CVT fluid? Do you change it according to the maintenance minder or more often? How often do you use the paddles or drive "spiritedly". Just curious....

I plan on driving my CR-Z until at least 150K miles before I ever consider trading or selling mine. So, I am glad to see others peoples' CR-Zs with high mileage being trouble free.

Let us know when you hit 150k, and 175k, and 200k, and.............:thumbsup:

I followed the maintenance minder to the T and don't divert from it. It averages about every 30,000 miles.

I use the paddles on sport mode about once a week. But I mostly use the paddles to downshift when I'm in the other two modes.

Yes I will keep the forum up-to-date with the milestones.

I'm not one to typically have followed the manufacturers maintenance guides it's only because I saw that dealerships finding a way to make unnecessary repairs or adjustments at crazy dollar amounts. That's why I do most of the maintenance on the CR-Z myself to keep the costs down. I just let the dealership do the complicated CVT fluid flush and bring in a 15% coupon with me.

This car and my Honda Insight have been awesome purchases. It's funny I used to say that I would never purchase a Honda because everyone and their mother and their sister and all of the other relatives had a Honda. I used to own Volkswagens and Audis and I can't tell you the thousands and thousands dollars that I spent in keeping those cars running. Never again.

· Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My CR-Z and Insight on the last day I owned it.

http://i.imgur.com/7yP4YGM.png

Back End

http://i.imgur.com/XklPeRk.png

News paper ad picture. Insight had over 220,000 miles in this picture.

http://i.imgur.com/llFIZS4.png

2003 Volkswagen GTI 20th Anniversary Edition

http://i.imgur.com/vXiwLv8.png

2001 Volkswagen GTI. Caught fire while on I-95 on a Friday the 13th. Cause unknown. Got lucky to get with my life. I burned my hands trying to get out.

http://i.imgur.com/F4pgzvK.png

http://i.imgur.com/A1sp1Y5.png

· Registered
235 Posts
I followed the maintenance minder to the T and don't divert from it. It averages about every 30,000 miles.

I use the paddles on sport mode about once a week. But I mostly use the paddles to downshift when I'm in the other two modes.

Yes I will keep the forum up-to-date with the milestones.

I'm not one to typically have followed the manufacturers maintenance guides it's only because I saw that dealerships finding a way to make unnecessary repairs or adjustments at crazy dollar amounts. That's why I do most of the maintenance on the CR-Z myself to keep the costs down. I just let the dealership do the complicated CVT fluid flush and bring in a 15% coupon with me.

This car and my Honda Insight have been awesome purchases. It's funny I used to say that I would never purchase a Honda because everyone and their mother and their sister and all of the other relatives had a Honda. I used to own Volkswagens and Audis and I can't tell you the thousands and thousands dollars that I spent in keeping those cars running. Never again.

:wavey: Thanks for the response. I'd say that the average CR-Z owner uses sport mode and paddles about once a week also. So your car sounds like a good representation of the average CR-Z. You don't baby the car: i.e. changing the CVT fluid every 15k miles (or less). And you don't constantly flog your car either: i.e. excessive paddle use, supercharging, constant aggressive driving etc.

It seems like some people are almost paranoid about CVTs and battery life. It is good to hear that the higher mileage CR-Zs have held up well so far. I love mine and want it to last a LONG time. :thumbsup:

Here's to another 100,000 trouble free miles!

· Registered
48 Posts
This CR-Z has been awesome. I purchased it brand new on September 29th 2010 and not major issues. The ONLY issue I've had is the cracked fog light and Honda replaced that at no charge even after I was out of warranty. This has one of the best purchases I've ever made. The first best purchase was my 1st Gen Honda Insight CVT.
How did you get Honda to replace your fog light? I just came out of warranty and even while under warranty they said no. Passenger front broke 3 days after I bought the car...

· Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How did you get Honda to replace your fog light? I just came out of warranty and even while under warranty they said no. Passenger front broke 3 days after I bought the car...

I contacted them at 1 (800) 999-1009 and explained the situation. I told them that I'm a member of a CR-Z forum and CR-Z owners are experiencing the exact same issue. I explained to them that it is without a doubt a manufacturing flaw. After speaking with the representative for about a half hour they agreed to cover the part and replacement costs. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts