Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd start one of these, mainly for my own documentation. As of current, not much is done to it.
Not really sure where in taking the build as I jump back and forth between pretty, and faster.
Takeda stage 2 intake I bought off a former member, an Illinium Flux shift knob and matching boot, muffler delete, and a couple of stupid stickers.

I also traded my cargo cover for a knockoff Mugen wing (it'll be painted/installed mid-october). Bought a GE8 manifold, and R18 throttle body, those will go on after I have a spacer made and send the body off to maxbore to push the TB out to 60mm.
Car is going in October 1st to have the secondary cat removed, then a couple weeks later I'll take it in to have a tune setup for the intake and exhaust modifications.
That's all for now. Enjoy some stock pictures. :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
nice and clean stocker to start any good project build from.
I particularly like that last pic.

Reactions: Knapper

·
Registered
2011 6MT S/C
49 Posts
For what its worth I wouldn't bother with removing the 2nd cat. It is so close to the O2 sensor that there is likely to be physical interference as well as a catalytic efficiency CEL unless you have Hondata or Kpro to turn it off. See how close the O2 bung is to the cat:

When I bought my car it had no cats and an HKS exhaust, and it was so damn loud and stinky. Since your muffler is already gone the sound is probably going to be unbearable (and sound like shit) for you and everyone else within a 1/4 mile radius. I would 100% suggest putting money into a Spoon front sway bar, coils and struts, or better tires. These mods will hands down make the car feel faster than anything else short of a K series swap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't seen any issues or CEL from removing the secondary without a tune in everything I've read from the forums. The muffler WILL go back on, I don't wanna rattle my brain apart haha.

H&R springs and Koni orange are on order right now, just waiting for them to ship. Wheels and tires are coming soon after to increase the width to 7.5" for a bit more grip.
Appreciate the info! 😌

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
For what its worth I wouldn't bother with removing the 2nd cat. It is so close to the O2 sensor that there is likely to be physical interference as well as a catalytic efficiency CEL unless you have Hondata or Kpro to turn it off. See how close the O2 bung is to the cat:

View attachment 64795

When I bought my car it had no cats and an HKS exhaust, and it was so damn loud and stinky. Since your muffler is already gone the sound is probably going to be unbearable (and sound like shit) for you and everyone else within a 1/4 mile radius. I would 100% suggest putting money into a Spoon front sway bar, coils and struts, or better tires. These mods will hands down make the car feel faster than anything else short of a K series swap.
The second or "lower" catalytic converter has zero to do with the 2nd O2 sensor, other than being the piece that has the bung for the sensor to thread into.

·
Registered
2011 6MT S/C
49 Posts
The second or "lower" catalytic converter has zero to do with the 2nd O2 sensor, other than being the piece that has the bung for the sensor to thread into.
Yeah, I had the mid pipe section flipped/reversed around in my head. So yeah, no CEL. I still don't see any reason to increase pollution for what amounts to negligible hp gains, especially in the world we live in today, but I digress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts