Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, recently I bought a 2014 base cvt. I love every bit of it, especially the fuel savings now.
I was wondering tho, I bought the car as a third owner at about 95k and I'm going to hit 100k in the next few weeks. The car fax wasn't too comprehensive on the car so I was planning on doing a transmission fluid change as well as an oil change. Is there anything else I should think about getting replaced?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,490 Posts
Hey all, recently I bought a 2014 base cvt. I love every bit of it, especially the fuel savings now.
I was wondering tho, I bought the car as a third owner at about 95k and I'm going to hit 100k in the next few weeks. The car fax wasn't too comprehensive on the car so I was planning on doing a transmission fluid change as well as an oil change. Is there anything else I should think about getting replaced?

There should be a maintenance record book in the glove compartment with the owners manual. If you are lucky it will tell you what has been done when. I suggest that you change all fluids so you know history and have a base line when you first posted. Also check date codes on tires and if more than 5 years old replace them. No matter how much tread. Have under hood battery load tested.

·
Premium Member
6,062 Posts
Yeah, that ^^ --what Spdbump says about changing ALL the fluids, I'd include coolant and brake fluid (flush,) since you really don't know whether the previous owners changed them or not. Also change engine & cabin air filters and spark plugs are due at about 100,000, so take care of them too (and tighten to spec.) Good for another 100,000!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info! I'll plan on doing most of that then when I hit the 100k mark.

·
Registered
208 Posts
When I hit 100k miles I did a valve adjustment in addition to other maintenance requirements.

check to see how worn your drive belt is, there is only one drive belt and if it’s cracking or looks brittle replace it, it’s easy.

The valve adjustment is not easy though, you need special tools and you have to set each cylinder to top dead center to adjust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts