Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear I read somewhere (other than this forum - something official) that there was 100,000 miles of included maintenance on the Z.... Im trying to locate that information again and I cant seem to find it.... lil help? :sadwavey:

·
Registered
693 Posts
what is a tune up?
That is a very good question.

A tune up used to mean:
Clean and adjust the carburetor (Whats that?)
Replace the distributor cap and points (What are they?)
Set the Timing (What is timing?)

Replace the air cleaner (yes we still have these)
Replace the spark plugs (used to be every 12,000 miles)

Weren't*the cars of the 60's great...

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I was wondering about the timing belt, but since there is no tune up needed until 100,000 miles, I guess it is a chain, not a belt.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
How do you find / know all this good stuff, Bizzy? Is it in the manual or do have secret sources? In any case ... thanks!
just general Honda experience... Honda stopped using belts on their 4cylinder engines some time ago... and since they've been using chains they also use cam gears that self adjust... look at this picture of the K20 cams/gears the one on the left is the gear w/no adjustment... the one of the right adjusts automatically... since this is a single cam engine in the CR-Z... they obviously put only the side that adjusts automatically...

·
Registered
159 Posts
just general Honda experience... Honda stopped using belts on their 4cylinder engines some time ago... and since they've been using chains they also use cam gears that self adjust... look at this picture of the K20 cams/gears the one on the left is the gear w/no adjustment... the one of the right adjusts automatically... since this is a single cam engine in the CR-Z... they obviously put only the side that adjusts automatically...
Thanks - for getting me (and probably some others) up to date on Honda camshaft tech!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just make sure whoever does your transmission fluid change (around 30k miles is what I have always seen) knows to use MANUAL transmission fluid and not automatic transmission fluid.

Back when I used Jiffy Lube still... they would come to me every time and tell me my transmission fluid needed to be changed because it was brown and not pink. That was because it was manual and not automatic. Then, when it was changed (can't remember by who) they put in automatic and not manual and that caused issues. Fortunately I went to someone with a clue and that got fixed before the car was destroyed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.