Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
My dealer just added 60!

...To their website. They are available for "pre-sale."
Yea, one thing I kinda miss previously living at what I refer to as my "home of record", the DFW metro area has tons of dealers and stock and much easier to make deals.

Just do the loop 20-360-30-820 and could spend days shopping around.

Up here in the Puget Sound, I see a lot of what isn't apparent at first look, but what ends up being what the dealer refers to as a Virtual Inventory. They actually do not have the cars on the lot. When looking at getting Wifey a Juke, found this to be extremely annoying. When I called them on it, internet sales made the excuse, we are just trying to show you all the options and models that are available... Would be OK if they advertised it as a "virtual inventory". But is really deceptive.

Am sure if I was in DFW, she would already have one with plenty to choose from.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Bizzybear, I would assume that that would be a safe bet for you, but thats only because there are more CVT's made, so obviously there will be more on the lots than the manuals.

I get the feeling that you think that there are more CVT's on the lots because the manuals sell better. Obviuosly you have a manual, but I'd be willing to bet that there are more CVT owners out there than manual owners, and I don't think that it's just because there are more CVT's made, although that does help the percentages.

Anyways in my experience with the dealer in Mckinney they had the same black manual there for over two months.

I would be perfectly happy to have a manual, but I do have a CVT. It just seems that from some of your posts that you "kind of" put down the CVT because you prefer or think that the manual is better. And you are entitled to your opinion, but there are "many" of us CVT owners that are "very" happy with our cars!

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Bizzybear, I would assume that that would be a safe bet for you, but thats only because there are more CVT's made, so obviously there will be more on the lots than the manuals.

I get the feeling that you think that there are more CVT's on the lots because the manuals sell better. Obviuosly you have a manual, but I'd be willing to bet that there are more CVT owners out there than manual owners, and I don't think that it's just because there are more CVT's made, although that does help the percentages.

Anyways in my experience with the dealer in Mckinney they had the same black manual there for over two months.

I would be perfectly happy to have a manual, but I do have a CVT. It just seems that from some of your posts that you "kind of" put down the CVT because you prefer or think that the manual is better. And you are entitled to your opinion, but there are "many" of us CVT owners that are "very" happy with our cars!
i don't own a CR-Z... i would definitely go for the 6MT for the loads of advantages it has over the CVT which i will not get into here...

here's a thread on this site that owners voted on which color/trim they have... if you add up the 6MT's, that equates to 61.3%... TCroly follows these numbers more than me so he would be able to give you the breakdown... of course this does not show the actual real-world numbers but my guess is it's not very far off... with Honda producing 3 CVT's for every 1 6MT, i say they got it wrong... if CVT's actually DID sell better, then that percentage would be quite different... but the fact that the smaller, 25% 6MTs that are made actually go well beyond half of the CVTs on this site shows that 6MT's DO sell much better... oh and the fact that dealerships don't usually keep 6MT's on the lot b/c they get sold relatively quick... that also leads me to assume that most of those on the lots ARE CVT!

you sound like you're trying to defend your CVT... i have nothing against CVT... the first CR-Z i test drove was CVT and was really impressed with it... i just prefer 6MT

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes I guess I am defending my CVT. I understand that you prefer a manual, but it just seems to me that your post come across as kind of ripping the CVT. Saying that you bet the CRZ's sitting on the original posters lot must be CVT's because they can't possibly be manuals, "everybody" wants one of those!

Well out of those 10 there are 4 manuals and 6 CVT's.

And you keep saying that Honda's thinking is wrong for making 75% CVT and 25% manual. Well, I don't agree with their advertising (or lack of) with the CRZ, but I'm thinking that they do have some pretty intelligent people that actually do crunch numbers and do studies, and evidently they came up with what they thought was the right balance of what they should sell.

As far as the people on this forum, I'm thinking that there is such a small percentage of CRZ owners on here or owners that even know about the forum that those percentages of manual owner's isn't truely reflective of the actual numbers. Just my opinion. I may be right, you may be right, I'm just throwing it out there!!

I do appreciate all your thoughts on this car whether I agree with them or not. You do have some insightful points!

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Honda has significantly increased the number of 6MTs that they have been producing for the US over the past month or so. The mix on the lots looks more like 66% CVT and 34% 6MT. So it is more like 2 CVTs for each manual.

Our message board is made up of more enthusiasts who are typically the primary market for manual transmission cars. But keep in mind the overall market for manual transmission cars is less than 5% of all cars sold. So the CRZ with 25 to 35% manuals is actually way more than the overall car market.

I always find it interesting when the car mags will typically test a manual transmission version of a car with the highest performance engine available. If they like the car and rave about it, it seems to help sell more cars of that model. And these are usually more than 80% automatic versions with the lower performance engine. Not exactly the same car as the car mags might have loved.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I talked to my salesman tonight and he is one of the top sellers at my dealer and he said he has not sold a CR-Z yet this year, and from watching the cars I could say I have not seen one leave the lot, just more and more showing up. Either the sales have really dropped of, OR maybe Honda is loading up some dealers in expecting a lot to go in Spring.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I count 36 CRZs in the inventories of the 6 Hawaiian island dealerships. Some of these cars are still in transit.

I think the total number of CRZs sold by these 6 dealerships since the introduction of the car 5 months ago has been 10 to 15. So based on that sales rate, it would appear that these 6 dealers are sitting on a 12 to 18 month supply of CRZs. Spring deals will be coming...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Didn't you know that all salesman you talk to are one of the top sellers at their dealer?

Cars come and go, sometimes the same color car in different trim packages may appear to still be on the lot, for example my local dealer still has one white EX on the lot but when I checked it is not the same white one I test drove over a month ago, it is an EX with a navi while the one I had driven had no navi...

Well I talked to my salesman tonight and he is one of the top sellers at my dealer and he said he has not sold a CR-Z yet this year, and from watching the cars I could say I have not seen one leave the lot, just more and more showing up. Either the sales have really dropped of, OR maybe Honda is loading up some dealers in expecting a lot to go in Spring.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The media loves to grab attention like this, make us think oil will go up when all the while it continues to be completely unpredictable and disprove all prior market trends and theories like supply and demand for example. I'm not saying it will go down, or up, but one must be careful not to buy into their propaganda as many media avenues are partially owned by oil companies...

Wait till gas get to $4.00 +

You won't be able to find one of these.

Look at the middle east (Egypt). I bet the greedy oil companies capitalize on it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.