Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the 10k miles (16,093 km) tick on the board this last weekend. Anyone else a member yet?

·
Registered
693 Posts
What seemed very notable about your fuel economy is just how much you fuel economy has dropped since installing the 205/55/16 tires, but then I realized that these tires are 5% taller than the stock 195/55/16 tires, so that would account for 1.6 mpg of the 3.2 mpg drop you have been seeing since the installation of the wider snow tires.

So is the actual 1.6 mpg drop a result of the tires or the bad weather you have been driving in?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What seemed very notable about your fuel economy is just how much you fuel economy has dropped since installing the 205/55/16 tires, but then I realized that these tires are 5% taller than the stock 195/55/16 tires, so that would account for 1.6 mpg of the 3.2 mpg drop you have been seeing since the installation of the wider snow tires.

So is the actual 1.6 mpg drop a result of the tires or the bad weather you have been driving in?
They are only 1.8% taller than stock. Remember the second number is the percentage of the width. But, yes, mileage went down a bit, but it seems like it's mostly the absolutely crazy weather we had. Tons of snow, lots more idling warming up the car in the parking lot at work while I cleaned the windows, scraped ice, snow, etc.

Some of the drop in mileage is certainly because of the tire difference, not because of the the height, but because of the compound. The low rolling resistance, made of wood crap they put on there from the factory is going to give you the best gas mileage possible but at the cost of crappier handling, farther braking distances and terrible stability, imho. It's a damn shame when my snow tires have more grip than the factory all season rubber.

We'll have to start the 20,000 mile club soon. ;)

You are out of control! That's awesome. I rolled 13k the other day and thought I was kicking some tail. You are doing some serious driving!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:) Sherman hit 19,000 miles last night. Awwww....he's growing up. LOL. :thumbsup:

I'll start the 20k mile club soon!
Excellent. Start the 20k mile club thread as soon as you get there. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep up with your pace. I've only been doing under 3k a month pretty consistently lately. Not doing near the driving I used to.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Wanted to take a pick of it but was on my way to work and totally forgot too, but hit 10k on 3/4 which if you check my first post here you will see it was alittle less then a month as i stated i would see you in.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts