Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Autel MaxiTPMS PAD tool - anyone use one before?

27K views 99 replies 15 participants last post by  guestuser 
#1 ·
Thinking about picking one of these up and some programmable TPMS sensors from autel.

Anyone use one of these before? Does it work?

See less See more
#2 ·
I had one and used it, but bought oem tpms sensors which are not programmable. So just make sure you purchase the programable tpms sensors. It is able to read sensors through tires so you can even program the sensors after installation if you didn't get a chance prior.

#4 ·
I bought his pad, and used it on a set of programmable sensors for my winter tires - as far as I know it only programs on Autel brand sensors.

I did have to update the software a couple of times though in order to get it to work, and then it was fine - reads through the wheels, just slip in between the spokes by the valve stem if it won't read through the sidewall. I wasn't able to get a read through the tread of the tires though.

one side note on the programmable sensors - they weren't assembled from Autel, and they had no assembly instructions, so I had to take them to the tire shop for install on my winter wheels.

#11 ·
My first search on Amazon brought up listings in the $75 or so range. Went on the 'bay after work early this morning and pulled the trigger on the least grammatically incorrect listing of $62 for the pad and $100 for a set of 4 autel programmable 315 mhz sensors. That matches what Walmart(cheapest place in my town, I've been shopping around for awhile now) charges to install and program their sensors. Fleet and the rest of the local tire shops were ^$275

#17 ·
I too am a guinea pig (just bought 4 sensors and the PAD).

I actually started looking into these last winter, and since then have read a couple of good reports about them. Found this video on youtube too that confirms my suspicions that its a good product!!

#18 ·
US Postal Service delivered the Autel TPMS tool friday. Sensors(ordered at the same time through eBay, sent via UPS) have not arrived yet. Used the MaxiPad today to scan 2 sets of our currently mounted sensors. Pretty Slick! Hope programming and activation is as easy.

#19 ·
Nice!! Yours came from the land of red that quick?? Sweet! I ordered like a day after you, so mine should be here either today or tomorrow! Hope so.

Picked up some 15" steel wheels this weekend (honda brand) for $50 for all 4. Also go some 185/65/R15 snow tires. Stoked to make this setup work and be able to program my own tpms!

Keep up posted on what you find.

Edit: My sensors just showed up!!

#30 ·
Finally got around to installing the sensors in the wheels. Easy enough to do. Probably easier without the tires mounted but oh well. I did drop one sensor inside the tire so I'll be fishing that one out later. Had to do something to make it exciting, process was going too smoothly.

#35 ·
Having trouble getting my reader to read the stock CRZ TPMS sensors. Any tips?

I updated the software to the latest version. What version are you running?

I need to try again when I have some more time, but, wasn't able to get it working just yet. Maybe my batteries in TPMS are low? Would suck if I couldnt get it to read at all :(

#36 ·
Having trouble getting my reader to read the stock CRZ TPMS sensors. Any tips?

I updated the software to the latest version. What version are you running?

I need to try again when I have some more time, but, wasn't able to get it working just yet. Maybe my batteries in TPMS are low? Would suck if I couldnt get it to read at all
I'll have to check in the morning after work for the software version. Off the top of my head my advice is to double check that you are in the correct menu with the correct year of CR-Z. If your batteries are strong enough to send signals to the car, I would think the scanner should be able to pick them up. Are you holding the scanner against the wheel as close to stem as you can? Or are your sensors unmounted from the wheels?

#39 ·
Pics hopefully show that the scanner is pressed against the inner diameter of the wheel, kind of resting the plug end of the pad on the valve stem cap. When I ran the "test" program today it failed to read but when I went through the "copy" program everything worked fine. Went back to "test" program and it worked like normal.

Attachments

#45 ·
Had my snow tires mounted to the 15" honda steel wheels I picked up.

Glad to report.. TPMS clone was 100% successful!! So happy this worked out!

Also, I'm running 185/65/R15 snow tires with 15" steel wheels on HPD suspension. No issues what-so-ever!!

So stoked!! Cant wait to test these out this winter. Last couple years I ran 205/55/R16. Hoping these will be a bit better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.