Autel MaxiTPMS PAD tool - anyone use one before? - Page 8 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fediej View Post
Does the PAD software need to be updated again maybe? Don't know if that would make any real difference but it seemed to cure any past issues. I've scanned and reprogrammed multiple sets now but any programming has been done either prior to install or through alloys. Haven't had to program through steel yet. Pics of how I positioned the PAD on the wheels are posted earlier in this thread. Another option that was mentioned was the ATEQ tool. So you can program the car to the sensors instead of programming the sensors to the car.
I sometimes wonder if its because the pad itself is running off the USB cable, and no external power. Might not have enough signal strength due to battery. I might try a diff comp with a larger battery and see what happens.

PITA!

Also, my next though is.. I might just pull the TPMS control unit from my other car and put it in this one. That should solve the problems the easy way. And its right under the dash.. easy to get to!
Fediej likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 04:57 PM
Super Duper Member

Some sensors have fixed IDs and you have to program the car to the sensors rather than the sensors to the IDs the car already knows. If it can read and not change that is the issue.
post #73 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:32 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
Some sensors have fixed IDs and you have to program the car to the sensors rather than the sensors to the IDs the car already knows. If it can read and not change that is the issue.
Unless they've been swapped out since winter started, The sensors in @d1giPhux steel wheels are clones, as mentioned in previous posts in this thread.

post #74 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Thats why I was now thinking about pulling the TPMS control unit from the old car. This is where those codes are stored.

Quote:
Unless they've been swapped out since winter started, The sensors in @d1giPhux steel wheels are clones, as mentioned in previous posts in this thread.
Yes, the tpms sensors are clones in these wheels. These wheels came off my other car. They are Autel 315mhz sensors. Fully programmable.
post #75 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Super Duper Member

Well.. fixed the TPMS lights!

Swapped the TPMS control unit from my old car to this one.. and BAM! No TPMS lights and now I can disable / enable the VSA traction control.. easy as 10 minutes (in the freezing cold too!).

Here are some tips:

1. To disconnect the plug, you need to push down from the top right where the red square in the below pictures is, and pull the harness out. It will come out VERY easy if you are doing it right.

2. To remove the TPMS control unit from the bracket, wedge a screwdriver (flat head) where the green square is, and push in, and out away from the bracket. (push up / towards the green arrows as shown in the picture). Once its release, you can slide it off.

litz and Fediej like this.
post #76 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 05:41 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1giPhux View Post
Thats why I was now thinking about pulling the TPMS control unit from the old car. This is where those codes are stored.

Yes, the tpms sensors are clones in these wheels. These wheels came off my other car. They are Autel 315mhz sensors. Fully programmable.

So now when you swap your wheels you will have to swap that module?
post #77 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 06:00 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Both sets of wheels and the tpms module are from the original car.
post #78 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Both sets of wheels and the tpms module are from the original car.
Quote:
Yes, both these wheels, and the TPMS module are from my crashed car.

Since I don't want to use the wheels / tires from the new car, I am going to use this TPMS control unit, and my other sets. Maybe in the future I will throw some Autel programmable sensors in those as well, or I might just sell them.

Was actually thinking it would be cool to polish them into chrome. We will see!!

If i DID want to drive them, I could just swap the TPMS module back over with no issues and drive them without any re-programming or anything! Pretty cool!
Fediej likes this.
post #79 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 06:32 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase this Autel tool / sensor setup in the next week or so. Could any of you that haven't had any reliability issues provide me the part number of the sensors that you're using (preferably of the metal body variety)? It looks like Autel offers a few different part numbers that work in 315MHz.

Thanks!
post #80 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChriS2000 View Post
Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase this Autel tool / sensor setup in the next week or so. Could any of you that haven't had any reliability issues provide me the part number of the sensors that you're using (preferably of the metal body variety)? It looks like Autel offers a few different part numbers that work in 315MHz.

Thanks!
Reliability issues? I haven't had any issues. One time I got one, and it was junk outta the box and I couldn't program it. But the rest have been fine. Just buy some and take a gamble. I think you might be overthinking it. Its not a huge investment. They are like.. $20 or less each?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode