clutch adjustment - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

clutch adjustment

I did a search on the site but did not find anything, does anyone have the factory instruction on how to adjust the clutch pedal? I bought the car used and noticed the slave cylinder has been replaced. I watched some videos on how to do it to the civic and fit but could not find any for the CR-Z. In the videos I watch they all said that the stop should only show 2 threads. Mine shows about 6 and there is about a 1/4 of pedal travel before it starts engaging. This makes it hard to engage the clutch and I have to push the pedal all the way to the floor.

Thanks

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 06:59 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchjo View Post
I did a search on the site but did not find anything, does anyone have the factory instruction on how to adjust the clutch pedal? I bought the car used and noticed the slave cylinder has been replaced. I watched some videos on how to do it to the civic and fit but could not find any for the CR-Z. In the videos I watch they all said that the stop should only show 2 threads. Mine shows about 6 and there is about a 1/4 of pedal travel before it starts engaging. This makes it hard to engage the clutch and I have to push the pedal all the way to the floor.

Thanks

Joe
Check out page 13-6...once you link to the service manual download below:

─2011-2012 CR-Z Service Manual (no 2013 available at the time) click here for PDF version, thanks to KennyX

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by litz View Post
Check out page 13-6...once you link to the service manual download below:

─2011-2012 CR-Z Service Manual (no 2013 available at the time) click here for PDF version, thanks to KennyX
Thank you very much.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 04:02 PM
Elite Member

Garage
clutch pedal travel and rod adjustment is something i don't recommend doing for most folks unless they understand how the clutch, slave, and master cylinders work in conjunction with the clutch pedal. i'd reset to factory specs and work your way from there.

unfortunately you have no control over what a previous owner has done, or even know if the clutch has been replaced without taking a peek in there. some people like to adjust the clutch engagement points or pedal height without knowing how it will affect the slave/master cylinders, and how it will affect these components over the life of the clutch as it wears.

i'd be worried if the previous owner had messed up the clutch pedal travel and prematurely ruined their slave. or even prematurely worn their clutch.

'13 CRZ - PWP EX 6MT
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray View Post
clutch pedal travel and rod adjustment is something i don't recommend doing for most folks unless they understand how the clutch, slave, and master cylinders work in conjunction with the clutch pedal. i'd reset to factory specs and work your way from there.

unfortunately you have no control over what a previous owner has done, or even know if the clutch has been replaced without taking a peek in there. some people like to adjust the clutch engagement points or pedal height without knowing how it will affect the slave/master cylinders, and how it will affect these components over the life of the clutch as it wears.

i'd be worried if the previous owner had messed up the clutch pedal travel and prematurely ruined their slave. or even prematurely worn their clutch.
All your points are spot on.

I am going to check the factory measurements tomorrow and if they are not right I will bring it to the dealer to check things over. I got a 5 year bump to bump warranty with the car for anything wrong but they will charge me if there is nothing wrong.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in