clutch job - how hard? parts needed? - Page 10 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 09:30 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by litz View Post
Measure your's and see if it's actually smaller than mine before we make any deals ...opened that one up for a Defiant comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1giPhux View Post
Haven't had the time to measure mine. Its freezing cold outside, and not sure I can get it done anytime soon!!
Is your sway bar hiding from the cold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1giPhux View Post
How long did you use it for? A new one was sounding pretty nice for around $120 shipped for everything. less without the brackets. But if yours is in good condition.. may be worth it.

Oh yeah, i was reading somewhere that the 'FIT RS'. whatever that is, has a 23mm bar? I doubt it would fit though. But, maybe?

Saw that on the Kami speed page for the spoon one. Here is the pic:

How did you like the upgrade to 25mm. Did it improve hole-in-the-road handling and make the suspension feel even better?

Edit: Hmm.. after reading this, I think the 20mm would be the max I would want to do:

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...-a-sway-bar-do
So in terms of the stiffness, that article is dramatically over simplifying the effects of the sway bar. Yes, you'll get a stiffer ride from a larger sway bar. But the idea that you're going to be lifting the left tire off the ground simply by hitting a bump on the right is fairly ludicrous.

That isn't to say that you'll never lift one tire off due to cornering forces. The CRZ is able to do this on it's own with stock setup... https://www.crzforum.com/forum/pictu...s-my-cr-z.html Pictures aren't loading for me, but if you google "CRZ autocross" image results show a white Z with the inside rear tire in the air.

The biggest risk of adding too strong of a bigger sway bar is that it amplifies the lateral forces in cornering, and the margin between "my tires can handle this" and "I'm sliding out of this turn" gets a lot narrower. Basically all the force that you take out of the car rolling goes back into the tires as lateral force.
Fediej likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96firephoenix View Post

So in terms of the stiffness, that article is dramatically over simplifying the effects of the sway bar. Yes, you'll get a stiffer ride from a larger sway bar. But the idea that you're going to be lifting the left tire off the ground simply by hitting a bump on the right is fairly ludicrous.

That isn't to say that you'll never lift one tire off due to cornering forces. The CRZ is able to do this on it's own with stock setup... https://www.crzforum.com/forum/pictu...s-my-cr-z.html Pictures aren't loading for me, but if you google "CRZ autocross" image results show a white Z with the inside rear tire in the air.

The biggest risk of adding too strong of a bigger sway bar is that it amplifies the lateral forces in cornering, and the margin between "my tires can handle this" and "I'm sliding out of this turn" gets a lot narrower. Basically all the force that you take out of the car rolling goes back into the tires as lateral force.
Yeah, i'm thinking 20mm upgrade might be good enough. With bad conditions around here during winter, I don't want to do anything too crazy. I will have to see how 20mm works out. Plus, I don't have the extra $$ right now for a cusco, or spoon bar. Too much $$. The cusco was actually $250, so thats outta the question too.
post #93 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
https://www.crzforum.com/forum/pictu...s-my-cr-z.html Pictures aren't loading for me, but if you google "CRZ autocross" image results show a white Z with the inside rear tire in the air.
I just tap the photo and it opens up to the site it's hosted on.

And defiant defied the odds on litz. Must be defying a free pass

*back to ghosting*

Your nurse in training
are you in Ontario or Québec?

post #94 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 10:01 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
post #95 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 07:49 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamarskii View Post
I just tap the photo and it opens up to the site it's hosted on.

And defiant defied the odds on litz. Must be defying a free pass

*back to ghosting*
are you able to see the photos in that thread I linked to? Must be my work firewall blocking the hosting site.
post #96 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 06:28 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
are you able to see the photos in that thread I linked to? Must be my work firewall blocking the hosting site.
I can't see them either--happens every now and then, don't know why.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #97 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 07:44 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
They show up for me on the computer, but not on my phone.
96firephoenix likes this.
post #98 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by litz View Post
I can't see them either--happens every now and then, don't know why.
Yup, this has been a weird ongoing problem I have noticed too. I think I may have been the first to mention it. Its weird.

Who runs this site anyways? Maybe they need help figuring it out.
post #99 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Duper Member

Received the $1500 worth of parts:

litz, Shamarskii and Fediej like this.
post #100 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Super Duper Member

What I cant believe is how small the clutch disk is. Not to mention, how HIGH QUALITY it is. You can tell this thing is some serious quality when you hold it. Its super solid. I've felt clutch disks before, but this one is something else!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in