Newbi from Sacramento CA - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Newbi from Sacramento CA

I'm new here but not new to forums. I recently picked up a 15 cr-z with 27k miles. So I'm here to get some info on these cars. So I have a few questions...

1. Where can I find in channel window vent visors in the US? Has anyone moddified stickons to fit inside?

2. What changes were made on these cars? Year to year?

3. What fit manifold do I need?

4. What's the best CA legal intake, exhaust?

5. Any other low budget mods worth doing?

6. Should I be worried about excessive heat getting to the battery? It gets over 110 here in the summer and there a sticker on the door jam that says it needs to stay under 150

7. Should my battery meter get to all the way full? I've been driving it for 2 weeks and it's got to full bars 2 times for a few minutes. Usually sets at 2 bars below full

Any info is appreciated. I did use the search feature but found nothing or conflicting answers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 01:23 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
At the risk of being trolled I'll answer the questions that are easiest to find using the search function. Other members please chime in on anything I've missed or got wrong.
1a. Heko
1b. IDK
2. 2010-12: OG.
2013: Face and butt lift. Higher voltage IMA system using Lithium battery. More power, S+ feature. Rearview camera, different head unit for models with Navigation, different wing mirrors.
2014: Black wheels
2016: Last year. Face and butt lift, new wheels. Lane watch, leather as option, keyless start, button brake, bunch of other interior tech and gadgets.
3. GE8 RB01
4. IDK
5. What is your definition of low budget and "worth"?
6. 110 is less than 150...
7. Seems about right.
Welcome to the forum. Post more pics!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:14 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Welcome to the forum, and take a look at the https://www.crzforum.com/forum/gener...bc-s-cr-z.html thread for different/unique topics to check out.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the info guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fediej View Post
At the risk of being trolled I'll answer the questions that are easiest to find using the search function. Other members please chime in on anything I've missed or got wrong.
1a. Heko
1b. IDK
2. 2010-12: OG.
2013: Face and butt lift. Higher voltage IMA system using Lithium battery. More power, S+ feature. Rearview camera, different head unit for models with Navigation, different wing mirrors.
2014: Black wheels
2016: Last year. Face and butt lift, new wheels. Lane watch, leather as option, keyless start, button brake, bunch of other interior tech and gadgets.
3. GE8 RB01
4. IDK
5. What is your definition of low budget and "worth"?
6. 110 is less than 150...
7. Seems about right.
Welcome to the forum. Post more pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by litz View Post
Welcome to the forum, and take a look at the https://www.crzforum.com/forum/gener...bc-s-cr-z.html thread for different/unique topics to check out.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:24 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Hiya, welcome~

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Wright View Post

1. Where can I find in channel window vent visors in the US? Has anyone moddified stickons to fit inside?
I think Hekos are the only ones left. Sadly, unlike some CR-Z accessories, their price hasn't collapsed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CR-Z-...O/200804257383

Quote:
2. What changes were made on these cars? Year to year?
Check the thread about it.

Quote:
3. What fit manifold do I need?
You don't. The Z will not be a screamer, and the Fit manifold might move the torque curve around a bit, but not really to much benefit.

Quote:
4. What's the best CA legal intake, exhaust?
Nothing's legal here, grasshopper.

Quote:
5. Any other low budget mods worth doing?
Perhaps an aftermarket arm rest, if your car doesn't have one. The Honda arm rest is very nice, but way the hell too expensive.

Quote:
6. Should I be worried about excessive heat getting to the battery? It gets over 110 here in the summer and there a sticker on the door jam that says it needs to stay under 150
Hasn't been an issue. Pretend the car doesn't have a battery, it'll save you lots of worthless panic.

Quote:
7. Should my battery meter get to all the way full? I've been driving it for 2 weeks and it's got to full bars 2 times for a few minutes. Usually sets at 2 bars below full
Strangely, to me, it seems the only times I see the bars all the way up is on runs up to Tahoe. Watch for the deer.

Quote:
Any info is appreciated. I did use the search feature but found nothing or conflicting answers
Ah. Welcome to internet forums.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Deputy Forum Librarian

Garage
Welcome!

If you’re on Facebook, search NorCal CRZ. They are having a meeting this week! I used to live in Reno and would have driven for this.

Enjoy the forum!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FA0257D8-40E2-4534-B171-77BA454A86D3.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	51273  

For your FAQ's - ABC's for the CR-Z
supercrz's experience with the CR-Z
Add me on Facebook: TJ supercrz; Follow me on Instagram: supercrz
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:34 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Fremont on a Thursday. There's a slice of driving heaven.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

And have to be up for work at 430 the next morning. No thanks
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM

Garage
So far Takeda is one of the SMOG legal intake options I have been able to find for the CR-Z. I run with the K&N Typhoon but only because I live in VA. As far as exhaust options go if money is of no issue I would go with the HPD system ($!400). I did that with a Tegiwa cattless downpipe. Car sounds really good with this setup. If you are on a tight budget then the HKS exhaust sounds pretty good too. The best part is that my car is still pretty quiet in ECON mode with the CVT keeping the RPM's down low. Even with the lousy CA exhaust laws, you could still sneak by the cops unnoticed.

2011 CPB CRZ
Suspension work, intake, exhaust/2nd decat
2017 Black EcoBoost Mustang
Suspension work, Bolt-ons, BAMA tune
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 01:00 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Few of the cops out here know nor care about smog issues, unless it's loud exhaust (except for Harleys, apparently). It's the smog check stations who'll get you, and leave you with a car you can't register.
Save your money. Spend hop-up money on a car that'll give you some return for it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in