Nos kit - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Nos kit

Ok so I’m new to the forum and my girlfriend has a Honda CR-Z witch I want to run a 50 shot into I can only find one thread but my question is do you need a purge valve cause I know you don’t need one on normal cars but I also saw that didn’t seem as easy as the normal car would be running a 50 shot of nos into
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 12:14 PM

Garage
Depends on what type of trans you have. Honda CVT's have been tested by hondata to have a limit of around 210 ft/lb of torque. Anything past that and the metal belt will start to cause scoring of the internals of the CVT. the 6M can take more of a beating. I'm not sure how much HP the stock internals can handle as the Z was built for fuel efficiency.

2011 CPB CRZ
Suspension work, intake, exhaust/2nd decat
2017 Black EcoBoost Mustang
Suspension work, Bolt-ons, BAMA tune
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 05:51 PM
Super Duper Member

Why? Car is an economy car designed for long life and high Fuel economy, with a sporty appearance. What does your GF want out of the car?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 09:37 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
(Buckles flak vest.)
Spdbump likes this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Myers View Post
Ok so I’m new to the forum and my girlfriend has a Honda CR-Z witch I want to run a 50 shot into I can only find one thread but my question is do you need a purge valve cause I know you don’t need one on normal cars but I also saw that didn’t seem as easy as the normal car would be running a 50 shot of nos into
So YOU want to do this to your girlfriend's car, does SHE want this done? It's been discussed from time to time but I think the closest anyone has come to adding a nitrous kit to a CR-Z was one previous member who ALMOST did a complete install. Had a couple youtube videos showing some progress. And then just stopped. Maybe there's someone out there that was successful that we just don't know about. And what would your reasoning be to not include a purge valve?
Spdbump likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

We are part of several car clubs and along with being in one she wants to look good but be a little faster without doing the supercharger set up or the turbo set up cause each is like 4000$
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

And she is up my ass about it cause when she got the car she didn’t know anything about cars then we got together and I’m building my cobalt ss and when we go to car meets/shows she wants something to stand out a bit being a hybrid with a 50 shot is just cool I mean **** man if u see a crz with a 50 shot you gonna go look at it lol
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 04:43 PM

Garage
While it may be possible to put a nos kit on the car, I would worry about reliability. Even the most reliable engines have been known to blow up with a nos kit. I plan on doing a sprintex supercharger to give the Z some more pep. Won't make it a fast car but will add some fun to those daily drives.

2011 CPB CRZ
Suspension work, intake, exhaust/2nd decat
2017 Black EcoBoost Mustang
Suspension work, Bolt-ons, BAMA tune
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

I mean everything I’m reading (cause I do a lot of research) is saying a wet 50 shot isn’t dangerous and I don’t wanna run the purge valve cause that is for shows and **** but all I wanna know is if anyone has any tips but as I’m seeing this is not a common occurrence lol
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:56 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Myers View Post
I mean everything Iím reading (cause I do a lot of research) is saying a wet 50 shot isnít dangerous and I donít wanna run the purge valve cause that is for shows and **** but all I wanna know is if anyone has any tips but as Iím seeing this is not a common occurrence lol

From my reading and from the Shows I have seen on Nitrous systems the purge valve is to get the air out of the lines ( like bleeding brakes) and allows the Nitrous to be available as soon as you hit the button. The purge does not have to be in the cowl and do the lighted show.

As for what is safe or not for a particular engine since so few have added to this particular engine who knows. Remember this is a Hybrid power plant and is sufficiently more complicated than a plain Gas engine. This is still your Girl Friends car and adding any power adder to any engine can cause more wear and damage I don't care what it is. But her Vehicle and either her or your money so who am I to tell you what to do with either.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode