Help needed CR-V Navi install - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Help needed CR-V Navi install

Hello,
i really do need some help with this project because car electronic is really not my daily thing.

I drive an GT (EX?) Model with subwoofer and standard radio and bought an navigation unit with this part number: 08A40-2N6-400 SSD, which is commonly used in CR-V and Insight aswell.

It was installed in an CRZ already at my guess from the dealership and the owner told me it worked fine but i can only connect 2 cables out of 4 at my CRZ, power and i think antenna is the second one. When i turn on the ignition it worked, touchscreen and tried to find a radio but there was a loud system noise even when i turned the Volume at zero so loud i had to cancel and installed the OEM Radio instead to drive to work next day.

The owner can't remember which cable was connected but he told me he had no cable in advance inside.

Do someone of you have an idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

i uploaded pictures in my gallery
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:47 AM
Super Duper Member

One of the two plugs you have nothing for is probably the Navigation Antenna. I am not sure how Honda provides this signal in Navigation equipped CR-Zs mine is same as yours an EX no navigation.

I highly recommend looking at the Factory Service manual and determining what pin in which connector on each version of the Radio does what. You may need to move some pins around and or run wiring for functions your new radio has that your OEM one did not. As has been mentioned before the Wiring Harnesses in the different trim levels regarding the radio and BlueTooth modules is very different.

With that being said there is another person on this forum who claims they went from a Base CR-Z with its radio to a Navigation radio and all they lost was the phone control buttons on steering wheel.

Good Luck.

I went the lower cost process of buying a stand alone GPS as I have discussed many times before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzGT View Post
Hello,
i really do need some help with this project because car electronic is really not my daily thing.

I drive an GT (EX?) Model with subwoofer and Standard radio and bought an Navigation with this part number: 08A40-2N6-400 which is used in CR-V and Insight aswell.

It was installed in an CRZ already at my guess from the dealership and the owner told me it worked fine but i can only connect 2 cables out of 4 at my CRZ, power and i think antenna is the second one. When i turn on the ignition it worked, touchscreen and tried to find a radio but there was a loud system noise even when i turned the Volume at zero so loud i had to cancel and installed the OEM Radio instead to drive to work next day.

Is there a way i can connect it to my Z am i missing an adapter maybe? The owner can't remember which cable was connected but he told me he had no cable in advance inside.

Do someone of you have an idea?

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:22 AM
Premium Member

Garage
I'm not any smarter than my service manual, so you might want to download it and see if it can guide you to a fix:

─2011-2012 CR-Z Service Manual (no 2013 available at the time) click here for PDF version, thanks to KennyX
Spdbump likes this.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for your answers, i will have a look at it, i also got a german manual
with the navi but no wiring pictured only which functions it has.

Who is the one who succeded you know him? The only threads i found are about the other Navigation, this one is newer and does have a build in GPS someone told me? Picture how it looks above
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 03:01 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:

Thank you for your answers, i will have a look at it, i also got a german manual
with the navi but no wiring pictured only which functions it has.

Who is the one who succeded you know him? The only threads i found are about the other Navigation, this one is newer and does have a build in GPS someone told me? Picture how it looks above

GPS is Navigation.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

yes of course sorry i meant navigation unit, there is another type of it
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 03:35 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
yes of course sorry i meant navigation unit, there is another type of it

I saw a posting a few days ago( last week?) where a guy converted from Base to Navigation can't find it now though.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 08:29 PM

I'd be interested in how this works out. I purchased a 2011 Nav unit for EX with base radio to convert over. It's still setting on the shelf. I have thought about just selling the head unit.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

so i found out what each connector is for, it looks like i got it right with power and antenna but am missing GPS and USB, rear camera, vehicle signal, VTR and Mic-In, so it should work maybe without USB and probably i have to add a GPS antenna, i also read that this SSD is made for aftermarket and eays install, so i will try again this week
Rmember this is only for SSD-Navigation unit not the factory DVD or SD Navigation so i can not help with this

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in