Help needed CR-V Navi install - Page 2 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 05:45 PM
Super Duper Member

Is this a Honda OEM radio or an aftermarket sold through Honda Dealers or just an Aftermarket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzGT View Post

so i found out what each connector is for, it looks like i got it right with power and antenna but am missing GPS and USB, rear camera, vehicle signal, VTR and Mic-In, so it should work maybe without USB and probably i have to add a GPS antenna, i also read that this SSD is made for aftermarket and eays install, so i will try again this week
Rmember this is only for SSD-Navigation unit not the factory DVD or SD Navigation so i can not help with this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Honda OEM, but there was also a SD, mainly in Cr-V so a bit confusing all in all
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:32 AM

Garage
I had high hopes of switching the Base radio to the EX-NAV radio. Eventually gave up and just had a Pioneer NEX radio installed in the car. Comes with carplay, android auto and a backup camera. Good luck with the OEM NAV radio install and hope it works out.
Timothy Gray likes this.

2011 CPB CRZ
Suspension work, intake, exhaust/2nd decat
2017 Black EcoBoost Mustang
Suspension work, Bolt-ons, BAMA tune

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 04:44 AM

Help needed CR-V Navi install

Hello, the Pioneer is installed in a CRZ? I have mine EX navi and I would like something that can integrate better my iphone. How is the Pioneer doing? Do you retain steering commands? Can you describe what you did and how the headunit is compatible with the carís functions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

UPDATE!
Today i had time to do another try and pluged it in, what i had to do first was mute the loud key tones, check, next test Bluetooth connection with my Smartphone, worked, next HFL (steering whell control) - worked, CD - worked, what i couldn't test was GPS because my car stands in an underground car space, but will try it tomorrow.

2 things which annoyed me:
First the aftermarket Double-Din Frame i bought is too small, are there other options by Honda?
Second, the permanent murmur and the loudness itself, Volume 1 is as loud as 16 on my standard radio, this definitly comes from the amplifier right? It's like it's too strong don' know how to discribe it otherwise

I have made some videos while testing for those who are interested...
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:21 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
UPDATE!
Today i had time to do another try and pluged it in, what i had to do first was mute the loud key tones, check, next test Bluetooth connection with my Smartphone, worked, next HFL (steering whell control) - worked, CD - worked, what i couldn't test was GPS because my car stands in an underground car space, but will try it tomorrow.

2 things which annoyed me:
First the aftermarket Double-Din Frame i bought is too small, are there other options by Honda?
Second, the permanent murmur and the loudness itself, Volume 1 is as loud as 16 on my standard radio, this definitly comes from the amplifier right? It's like it's too strong don' know how to discribe it otherwise

I have made some videos while testing for those who are interested...
The OEM Honda frame will be required. The Honda unit is just slightly larger than "Double-DIN" size.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Thank's, i will return the other frame then, i'm not sure if i should continue with this Navigation, it's 90% compatible, plug-in & you get nearly all the features, but if i can't find a way to make the sound work like it should i'm not happy with it...the old owner replied to me and told me he had the same noise but thought his amplifier is done...like i said i have no clue about electronics so my last hope is this forum

Edit: GPS is not working correct it detects a variing in speed but still tells me i'm on a road in France which i am definitly not �� So i also need a GPS mouse, which will add more costs...
litz likes this.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:48 PM
Super Duper Member

Depending in the cost of the GPS "mouse" I think you mean antenna it might make more sense to get a stand alone GPS unit. The whole thing sounds a little flakey and I am surprised you got it to work as well as it is.

Quote:
Thank's, i will return the other frame then, i'm not sure if i should continue with this Navigation, it's 90% compatible, plug-in & you get nearly all the features, but if i can't find a way to make the sound work like it should i'm not happy with it...the old owner replied to me and told me he had the same noise but thought his amplifier is done...like i said i have no clue about electronics so my last hope is this forum

Edit: GPS is not working correct it detects a variing in speed but still tells me i'm on a road in France which i am definitly not �� So i also need a GPS mouse, which will add more costs...
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

so i found out Honda offered this unit for "Sport" models (like Basic) only, i found a flyer whicht tells it, so not for GT trim...i will sell it now because there must be a reason why Honda did not offer it (probably the amplifier).

So thanks for your help and comments, but thats my final decission.
I'm now curious of course if it will work in an Sport Spec plug-and-play like the flyer tells, if someone picks it up i will let you know.
litz likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode