Battery Died/ iPhone won't work with USB - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dobler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Battery Died/ iPhone won't work with USB

Hello everyone,

So my wife bought a 2011 CRZ EX W/Navi yesterday and while cleaning/ washing the car the battery battery died.
I charged the battery up and everything works fine, besides the USB/ iPhone.
Before the battery died she was able to connect the phone and listen to music/ Pandora.
I've done some research and couldn't find anything current (everything was from 2012/ iPhone 5')
Shes receiving an error "not supported".

I just wanted to see if anyone's had the same issues lately. The battery didn't completely die to where we needed a radio security code.

On a side note, have anyone installed an Apple CarPlay into a CRZ W/ Navi?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 05:46 PM
Super Duper Member

You may want to Load test the battery( it may still be compromised, Especially if it has the Hygrometer Eye that would be the factory and now 8 year old battery) and actually fully disconnect it or otherwise reset the car/radio. I have had issues with my 2013 sometimes not connecting to Work iPhone so i followed the directions to delete the phone and re-paired it and issue went away. However the Work phone is connected via Bluetooth. My iPod Nano Video is connected via USB and sometimes it too had issues connecting so I had to reset my nano to factory or reload it.

Alternate option is a simple Auxiliary cable into the front jack ( or just audio cable where ever that plugs in on that radio) I have an EX with no navigation and it has a covered Aux jack right on the front. I sometimes listen to streaming audio from the work phone that way.

As for Car Play I have not seen any postings on this forum where that advanced feature has been added to the CR-Z radio. That came out after 2011
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.

the issue has been solved, I just did a "soft rest" on her phone, plugged it back into the USB and BAM worked like normal.

I came across a thread on here that shows how to add Apple CarPlay, but its a bit more work then my older Honda's and Tacoma.

This thread can be closed.
litz likes this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 05:51 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobler View Post
Thanks for the reply.

the issue has been solved, I just did a "soft rest" on her phone, plugged it back into the USB and BAM worked like normal.

I came across a thread on here that shows how to add Apple CarPlay, but its a bit more work then my older Honda's and Tacoma.

This thread can be closed.

Why are you not using bluetooth? Still Load test battery before you are stranded. Lots of threads on the issues with under hood batteries.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

From my understanding, Bluetooth is only for HFL, and not music?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 06:46 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobler View Post
From my understanding, Bluetooth is only for HFL, and not music?
On the 2013 and later EX-Nav Bluetooth works for the HFL and audio streaming. On EX it's just for HFL. Don't know for sure on the earlier models, might need to check your owners' and/or technology guides.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fediej View Post
On the 2013 and later EX-Nav Bluetooth works for the HFL and audio streaming. On EX it's just for HFL. Don't know for sure on the earlier models, might need to check your owners' and/or technology guides.
I was reading over the OM today, it only talks about using Bluetooth for HFL. We bought the car off my best friend and hes the OG owner. He also said the Bluetooth is only for HFL.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode