Glove Box stuck closed - Page 4 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 10:25 AM
Super Duper Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,009
We should all think of a solution to impliment ahead of time. That way, when it does break, you will already have something in place to get in.

Any ideas?
d1giPhux is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 04:10 PM
Super Duper Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,939
Lightbulb

Emergency pull cord or explosive bolts!
Spdbump is offline  
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 07:00 PM
Super Duper Member
 
Fediej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Wisconsin USA
Posts: 1,563
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
explosive bolts![IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/CRZForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]
Like the ones takata used?
Fediej is online now  
 
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 07:27 PM
Super Duper Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,939
No those are igniters explosive bolts are used in certain industries for releasing things remotely. Google it😀
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fediej View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
explosive bolts![IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/CRZForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]
Like the ones takata used?
Spdbump is offline  
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 11:31 AM
Super Duper Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
Emergency pull cord or explosive bolts![IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/CRZForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]
Pull cord sounds good. I might need to think of some ideas. Be cool to route it behind the box somewhere, or somewhat out of the way.
d1giPhux is online now  
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 02:07 PM
Super Duper Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,939
Or something where a magnet unlatched it or be crazy a solenoid and a key switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1giPhux View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
Emergency pull cord or explosive bolts![IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/CRZForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]
Pull cord sounds good. I might need to think of some ideas. Be cool to route it behind the box somewhere, or somewhat out of the way.
Spdbump is offline  
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:16 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 11
Glove Box stuck closed

Glovebox has been stuck closed for years now.I donít even remember whatís in there. Nothing important if I havenít broken into it by now.


Iíll have to try one of these methods.
After you open it with the screwdriver method, will it be able to open or close or is this a one time open and close?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gingivitis22 is offline  
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 09:08 AM
Super Duper Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,939
From my understanding the latch has broken and this method gets you in, then you have to decide if you are going to repair the latch( see Litz's details) or replace.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingivitis22 View Post
Glovebox has been stuck closed for years now.I donít even remember whatís in there. Nothing important if I havenít broken into it by now.


Iíll have to try one of these methods.
After you open it with the screwdriver method, will it be able to open or close or is this a one time open and close?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spdbump is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome