Airbag Recall 2.0 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Super Duper Member

Airbag Recall 2.0

So it looks like some of the replacement airbags are also defective. This was already in the facebook page so I know some of you have seen it, but I also know some of you don't go on facebook.

As with the original recall, this does not impact 2016 model CR-Z

Honda Airbag Info Recall

This Fortune Mag article does not list the CR-Z as an impacted vehicle, but Honda's website does.

Honda Recalls 1.1 Million Vehicles for Second Time | Fortune

Do yourself a favor and check this VIN checker regularly over the next few months to see if your car is impacted. Based on the last Airbag recall thread, the number of impacted vehicles will most likely grow over the course of a few months.

From Safercar.gov:
Quote:
NHTSA also recommends that you use the VIN Look-up Tool at least twice a year to see if your vehicle is under any safety recall. Please note that vehicles that have not yet been recalled, but are scheduled to be recalled in the future under NHTSAs Consent Order with Takata, will not be searchable until they are actually recalled this is an example of why it is so important to check for recalls twice each year.
Further discussion and updates as warranted.
Fediej and Scott Plantier like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 05:10 AM

The article states: "The recall covers many Honda and Acura models from 2001 through 2010" I wonder if the search by model/year on the honda page is only bringing up the referenced main recall? That said there was 1 on the 2013 Crz, but my vin specifically didn't have anything, and it did have the airbag replaced in the main recall. That mean I am in the clear on the second one or do you think that will expand too? I'd think they have some more specific info on the replaced ones being ok or not. Looks like there's a much narrower range on the second batch in model years.

What a major fuster cluck that whole affair turned out to be! It's like that pet food thing in 2007 where EVERYTHING got pulled...
Fediej likes this.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxleo View Post
my vin specifically didn't have anything, and it did have the airbag replaced in the main recall. That mean I am in the clear on the second one or do you think that will expand too? I'd think they have some more specific info on the replaced ones being ok or not. Looks like there's a much narrower range on the second batch in model years.

What a major fuster cluck that whole affair turned out to be! It's like that pet food thing in 2007 where EVERYTHING got pulled...
If your VIN returns no open recalls, then I would trust that. I would also check back every once in a while to see if your VIN continues to return no open recalls.

And yes, major fuster cluck indeed. I only vaguely remember the pet food thing.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 06:06 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Or rip the effing thing out and find a deep river. Thanks again for dicking with out cars, government. You're geniuses at it.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:07 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
Or rip the effing thing out and find a deep river. Thanks again for dicking with out cars, government. You're geniuses at it.
Yeah, seems the geniuses can't stop dicking...it's in their nature. Remember that year or two when the cars had to have automatic seat belts that open/closed on you with the door?
Scott Plantier likes this.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:29 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by litz View Post
Remember that year or two when the cars had to have automatic seat belts that open/closed on you with the door?
The memory of That ownership experience had been successfully repressed until just now. Thanks @litz. Back to therapy I go!
litz and Spdbump like this.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 11:15 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to CuteZ
Quote:
Yeah, seems the geniuses can't stop dicking...it's in their nature. Remember that year or two when the cars had to have automatic seat belts that open/closed on you with the door?
Ohh god!!!

Current Car: 2015 CR-Z EX
Prior Cars: 97 Prelude, 13 Prius, 06 Civic Coupe EX, 99 Accord LX, 95 Accord LX, 03 Grand Am, 91 Accord LX
Build Thread: CuteOneZ
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 12:41 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Oh, yes. My first Talon had those. But before that, they had an interlock that made you latch the seatbelt before the starter would engage. There was a big red pushbutton in the engine bay that'd override it so a mechanic could work on the car.

I use one of those stub "extenders" which is a socket that plugs into the chassis socket. It's only about three inches long, but it also shuts up the stinking chime and turns off the warning light, and lets me put on the belt whenever I feel like it.

I've been a seatbelt fan since I was six, and found out that if I wore mine, I'd not have to fight to hold my place in the seat while dad drove. Damned vinyl seat covers. Well, and dad drove nearly as badly as I do.
litz and Fediej like this.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fediej View Post
Quote:
Remember that year or two when the cars had to have automatic seat belts that open/closed on you with the door?
The memory of That ownership experience had been successfully repressed until just now. Thanks @litz. Back to therapy I go!
LOL sounds like Defiant talking about certain wheels...

Man those did suck though. As someone short, you had to be wary of the thing either knocking you out or strangling you when the car started up, especially if you weren't driving and happened to be otherwise distracted or leaning forward or doing anything other than facing front and sitting up straight just bracing yourself for that stupid thing to engage
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 09:01 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxleo View Post
LOL sounds like Defiant talking about certain wheels...

Man those did suck though. As someone short, you had to be wary of the thing either knocking you out or strangling you when the car started up, especially if you weren't driving and happened to be otherwise distracted or leaning forward or doing anything other than facing front and sitting up straight just bracing yourself for that stupid thing to engage
Scott Plantier and SkateSand like this.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode