• 1 Post By Fediej
  • 1 Post By qwertylesh
  • 1 Post By 96firephoenix
  • 2 Post By Eddie70

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Question Problems with Auto-Stop

Hi all,

I'm noticing in my '14 CR-Z that the auto-stop feature will activate upon coming to a stop, but will automatically switch the engine back on after around 10-15 seconds. At first I thought it was because I was shifting my foot on the brake pedal a little, but after experimenting with it a few more times it seems that the auto-stop on my car simply turns the engine back on after turning it off for a bit. This can't be normal right? Why wouldn't it keep the engine off until i release the brake pedal?

Any advice on the subject would greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:21 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
New problem or has it always done this? Have you recently started running your A/C more?
Spdbump likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 04:39 AM

Garage
How charged is the hybred battery, autostop will come on if it drops to 2 bars, or if the underhood battery is weak and the HIDs are on. The system accounts for enough charge to kick over the engine and weak 12v batteries play havoc on the system. (autostop resume and drive can become jerky)

Autostop on CVTs will kickin when stopping from high gears but when the car is running at a stop start crawl it may not engage.

Another thing, when front windshield demister is pressed or on it turns autostop off - makes a handy autostop deactivator button.
Spdbump likes this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 06:08 AM
Super Duper Member

Any other strange behavior? as others have mentioned it can be an under hood battery issue or other factors. My 2013 has done what you describe once or twice but nothing consistent. What is consistent is my re-circulation light for A/C turns on when in auto stop in warm weather with Air conditioning and heating off.

Your reported auto stop issue is much different. To rule out the under hood battery get a load test ( with engine not running). Many places will do this simple test for free. If battery is original OEM Honda with the Eye it is now over 4 years old and if it were me I would just replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkoala View Post
Hi all,

I'm noticing in my '14 CR-Z that the auto-stop feature will activate upon coming to a stop, but will automatically switch the engine back on after around 10-15 seconds. At first I thought it was because I was shifting my foot on the brake pedal a little, but after experimenting with it a few more times it seems that the auto-stop on my car simply turns the engine back on after turning it off for a bit. This can't be normal right? Why wouldn't it keep the engine off until i release the brake pedal?

Any advice on the subject would greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 03:50 PM
Super Duper Member

Always good to check the 12v battery, but What drive mode and climate settings are you using?

There's an override if the cabin temp gets too far away from the set temp on the climate control. ECON mode pretty much has no autostop overrides besides the defrost.
Spdbump likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:37 AM

If it's a manual, and you are shifting from neutral to 1st it will restart when you put it in gear, or mine does. I usually leave it in neutral when coming up to the light, and stay in neutral till I see the light is getting ready to change to green.
Spdbump and Fediej like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in