Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Swift spring question.

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  d1giPhux 
#1 ·
I just purchased Swift springs and after doing some research it seems like you need to trim all four bump stops by 1”. Is this actually true? The paper work that came in the box does not mention this anywhere.

I have a 2015 EX if that matters.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Nice to see another NH'er on here.

You will need to cut the bump stops. This will allow the strut to work properly. If you do not cut the bump stop, the strut won't have its full range of motion for damping, and you will have a rocky ride.

You may want to send their support team an email and ask how much they want you to cut off the bump stop. Most places require (or say that) cutting bump stops in half is usually good. It really depends on how much the spring is dropping the ride, etc.

When I installed the HPD springs on my car, I was missing one bump stop. But, i realized that its just a honda crz bump stop with the first section cut off. Around 10mm removed. You would probably remove the first 2 sections since your drop is most likely 1" or more. My drop was only 10mm.

Anyways.. ignore all the crazy metric stuff I have posted: Bottom line is this. You WILL need to cut them if you want the struts to dampen properly without damaging them or giving your car a harsh ride.

If you get bored:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.