Strut top mount nuts - Page 2 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

So I drove the car to get gas this morning and the car is noticeably more stable on uneven pavement / road imperfections. The Steering wheel doesnít fight back and turning feels a lot more solid. I will update this post in case I need any adjustment or modification. Itís definitely an easy mod that makes a difference.
Crash likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 02:45 AM

Very good find! I've been looking for a remedy to fix the gap that my Fit and CR-Z has developed with their front strut's rebound stop damper and the body of the car. This and the strut mounting damper might just be the fix.

It turns out that the TM6 part number actually leads to both the GK5 Fit and the RU5/RU6 HR-V (since that's an HR-V parts diagram) in the US market as well as appears that it may interchange with a WIDE range of older Hondas using a similar strut rebound stop damper.
CrzyCRZ likes this.

Veni, vidi, velcro... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie View Post
Very good find! I've been looking for a remedy to fix the gap that my Fit and CR-Z has developed with their front strut's rebound stop damper and the body of the car. This and the strut mounting damper might just be the fix.

It turns out that the TM6 part number actually leads to both the GK5 Fit and the RU5/RU6 HR-V (since that's an HR-V parts diagram) in the US market as well as appears that it may interchange with a WIDE range of older Hondas using a similar strut rebound stop damper.

Thanks, I also notice the HR-V using the same part as the Fit. I have seen the gap situation you are talking about. Check out this article:

https://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid...0432/note.aspx

This guy changed all worn off parts.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 09:49 AM

I need to do some investing. Ever since I went from lowered springs to stock height, I have developed a bump or knock noise in the front when going over the speed humps at work. I thought it was just a loose top nut on the struts.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie70 View Post
I need to do some investing. Ever since I went from lowered springs to stock height, I have developed a bump or knock noise in the front when going over the speed humps at work. I thought it was just a loose top nut on the struts.

Thatís what happened to my friend and he forgot to tighten the top nut. Well it could be many things including stabilizer links , control arms, ball joints, or the top/bottom mounts. I think itís good to replace the mounts like the link I included above when you do suspension work.

Let me know how your research goes in case I have similar issue.
Eddie70 likes this.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 10:11 AM

I had to install new end links. The stickers would not loosen and I wound up breaking the Allen opening in one end link so I drilled them out. I have an oil change due this weekend so I am going to give everything a good look.

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie70 View Post
I had to install new end links. The stickers would not loosen and I wound up breaking the Allen opening in one end link so I drilled them out. I have an oil change due this weekend so I am going to give everything a good look.

Nice ! I think I will replace the end links when I upgrade my suspension as well. My shocks are too new to be replaced so I will wait a bit. I had my oil change last weekend too.
Eddie70 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode