Warnings, Electronic Parking Brakes, Fuses, oh my - Page 2 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 10:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwco View Post
Hi there!
The sad part is, since it's a 2016 it has the electronic parking brake which won't disengage, otherwise I could just drive it down to a shop.
Perhaps I'm missing something, but doesn't pressing the gas while in gear automatically release the brake? It does for my 2016 CVT. Is this different for the MT or does it just lock in on when something is wrong? That's mildly concerning...

Current Fleet:
2016 Honda CR-Z LX (Aegean Blue)
2007 Honda Element EX (Atomic Blue Metallic)
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid (Opal Silver Blue Metallic) - Retired, pending sale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1giPhux View Post
Via that site where you got the pic:

https://www.hondacarindia.com/owners...06278046-15513

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check the large fuse in the vehicle interior. If the fuse is blown, use a Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the screw and replace it with a new one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So looks like the whole fuse just replaces. Just unscrew it and pull the whole 'multi fuse' assembly. Looks about a $30+ part.
You might have missed it at the bottom of my post, but even after removing the screw the fuse will not budge. I tried gripping and pulling it with a pliers and the plastic casing started coming apart (really, the “top” ripped off, exposing metal).

Oh well, car’s running great now..
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wateradept24 View Post
Perhaps I'm missing something, but doesn't pressing the gas while in gear automatically release the brake? It does for my 2016 CVT. Is this different for the MT or does it just lock in on when something is wrong? That's mildly concerning...
Yes, it is supposed to do that.. but it wasn’t doing it while it was stuck in this insane “mode”.

Anyways, does this work 100% for you? I’d say 10% of the time it doesn’t automatically release the parking brake for me and I have to pull the switch, after rocking back off the brake.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 01:27 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Anyways, does this work 100% for you? I’d say 10% of the time it doesn’t automatically release the parking brake for me and I have to pull the switch, after rocking back off the brake.
How many miles? If you're still under 36000 or 3 years take it to the dealer.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Only times I rock up on that electric brake is when I decide not to trust the door opening skills of those who pull in beside me and I already have my belt off. Seatbelt engaged is the 3rd or 4th interlock on the auto disengage.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:16 PM
Super Duper Member

Been searching using the term 'multi fuse block':

So.. looks like its unscrew > lift up on tabs > pull out??
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Ours are a bit different.. only one screw, and I didn’t see anything about tabs. If they’re there I missed them, I will have to check in the morning.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fediej View Post
How many miles? If you're still under 36000 or 3 years take it to the dealer.
Alas.. Just over 3 years (but very few miles).
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 12:02 AM

Hmm... Odd luck but it sounds like you've gotten things figured out. What I see tends to happen is situations similar to what you're describing is that voltage DTCs begin to set when various control modules in the vehicle see a source voltage less than their minimum in order to function normally. Once said module(s) tend to see 10 volts or less, those DTCs can set and set alerts via the i-Mid display.

Sometimes a good charge via battery charger or a decent drive will allow the 12 volt battery to charge up enough and after one or more drive cycles, the DTCs will disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wateradept24 View Post
Quote:
Yes, it is supposed to do that.. but it wasn’t doing it while it was stuck in this insane “mode”.

The EPB will automatically disengage when it sees that the driver's seat belt is buckled and the vehicle begins to move via throttle input while in gear (on both CVT and M/T cars).

Slight side note: I also believe there may be a method for the EPB to engage while pulling into a parking spot nose first. I've only done it once in my 2016 M/T as well as a 2017 Civic SI but haven't quite figure out the necessary sequence to trigger it. Will have to thumb through owner's manuals and owner's preference setting guides to find that later.

Veni, vidi, velcro... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 08:41 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Ours are a bit different.. only one screw, and I didn’t see anything about tabs. If they’re there I missed them, I will have to check in the morning.
True.. i would check for the tabs though. I have a feeling that is the trick!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode