Light bar behind grille - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By tryc
  • 1 Post By Koala Yummies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Light bar behind grille

Wanting to add some lighting to my crz but I also want it to look good. Has anyone hid a light bar behind the grille?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:50 AM
Elite Member

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

That looks great! But how does it look with the factory bumper?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 09:38 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowandSlow View Post
That looks great! But how does it look with the factory bumper?
not sure why that second picture links to a Tacoma now... pic you're looking for is number 2971 and shows a 2013 NBP with OE bumper. I'll try to fix the link.. EDIT: link shows fixed now.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Awesome thank you!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:46 PM

Garage
Not a proper light bar, but some accent lighting behind the grill. Looks good at night anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-08-20 23.35.32.jpg (43.5 KB, 7 views)
96firephoenix and Eddie70 like this.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 01:03 PM
Super Duper Member

Just keep in mind two issues, cleaning, and in some jurisdictions vehicle lighting must be in pairs/symmetrical (so a single light source in the middle like these examples could be probable cause).
Defiant likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 05:44 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala Yummies View Post
Just keep in mind two issues, cleaning, and in some jurisdictions vehicle lighting must be in pairs/symmetrical (so a single light source in the middle like these examples could be probable cause).

Some jurisdictions also have regulations for how many auxiliary lights you can add to a vehicle( total number of sources on at any one time) , what color they are, , what height they need to be from the road and how they are aimed. Check the laws in your area.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 11:53 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
Some jurisdictions also have regulations for how many auxiliary lights you can add to a vehicle( total number of sources on at any one time) , what color they are, , what height they need to be from the road and how they are aimed. Check the laws in your area.
yea, that really varies from state to state, so as he says you need to look up local restrictions. As far as I have heard, NY, CA, and PA are the only ones that really crack down on anything besides colored lights.

Most states have prohibitions on lights that strobe or flicker (seen cars with malfunctioning lights pulled over for 'strobing') especially if they are in a color used by Emergency Services (red, blue, green). Some states also prohibit constant on lights in an EMS color.

Most states on paper require "off-road" lights to be covered when you're on the road. IN doesn't allow any lights above 42 inches off the ground, but out here, like 15% of lifted trucks have light bars above the windshield without any recourse. IN has also been supposedly cracking down on headlights that are not in the "warm to cool white" range, particularly headlights that are objectively blue, or objectively yellow, but I haven't seen a real change in people's driving habits.

The one I wish I could have seen get pulled over was the ass-hat in a jeep with color-changing halo and fog lights that was cycling through the rainbow. at least they were syncronized, lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode