What did you do to the 'Z today? - Page 759 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 1366Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #7581 of 7670 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:42 PM

So, something interesting happened as I was washing my car...And well, I don't know how to feel.

I was spraying underneath the car w/ the hose (on jet) and then I got a rattling noise in the car when cold and under 1500 rpm.

So, I put on my nursing cap and start thinking about what could pe the possible pathology. To find out its the heat shield on what I'd assume is the Cat (I can see it from the back of the engine bay... It partially broke off around what I'd assume where a bolt would be). Now I'm ducking and dodging parking spots w/ anything that seems it could catch on fire.

In better news, I should be grabbing my HPD exhaust from my aunt very shortly... and I'm still waiting for money from work to grab Kamispeed's test pipe :< FedEx has me FedUp.
CuteZ and CrzyCRZ like this.

Your nurse in training
are you in Ontario or Québec?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7582 of 7670 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 07:02 PM

So just did the Steering wheel emblem on my CRZ, Realized everywhere on this site it says the J's Type A and you just stick it over the original emblem, Well that doesn't work so great. The Type B will fit in the original "H" indention if you remove it from the Airbag. Looks better than the way the type A fits.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future
litz likes this.
post #7583 of 7670 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 07:06 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamarskii View Post
...To find out its the heat shield on what I'd assume is the Cat (I can see it from the back of the engine bay... It partially broke off around what I'd assume where a bolt would be). Now I'm ducking and dodging parking spots w/ anything that seems it could catch on fire....
I figure one of the bolts rusted away, as a result of being out in the elements during winter. I figure, if it's still held on with a few of the other bolts, you could just buy a big--or a couple big hose clamps--to go around the entire cat & shield to keep it from falling off and/or rattling. Did that on my Insight, and it not only "worked" for the short term, but it's still on there, some 5-6 years later (kind of forgotten about it until I heard about yours coming loose.)
Shamarskii likes this.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!

post #7584 of 7670 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by litz View Post
I figure one of the bolts rusted away, as a result of being out in the elements during winter. I figure, if it's still held on with a few of the other bolts, you could just buy a big--or a couple big hose clamps--to go around the entire cat & shield to keep it from falling off and/or rattling. Did that on my Insight, and it not only "worked" for the short term, but it's still on there, some 5-6 years later (kind of forgotten about it until I heard about yours coming loose.)
I did that on mine.. exact same rattle he has going on. Lasted about 6 months.. then it fell off completely. Well.. the clamps didnt, but the rest of the shield just fell apart.

You can buy a new heat shield online for $35.. thats what I did.
litz and Spdbump like this.
post #7585 of 7670 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:39 AM

Guess hose clamps are the way to go!

Now... The next issue is how am I going to get under the car soon. My brother took the little ramps he left here at home. May just have to go take back what's his for a lil bit

Your nurse in training
are you in Ontario or Québec?
post #7586 of 7670 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:52 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamarskii View Post
Guess hose clamps are the way to go!

Now... The next issue is how am I going to get under the car soon. My brother took the little ramps he left here at home. May just have to go take back what's his for a lil bit

In the old days a friend of mine used to find a high curb and use that. It might be time for you to Buy a jack and Jack Stands at Harbor Freight? Or borrow ramps back!
Shamarskii likes this.
post #7587 of 7670 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:48 PM

Garage
Installed 3D Cargo Mat from Amazon $15.69 still listed at $14.03. Didn’t want the Black for $100.00.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Current: 2016 CRZ EX CVT - Daily Driver, 2006 Montero Ltd
Past: 1997 Del Sol, 1984 CRX
post #7588 of 7670 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 09:18 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRZY RED View Post
Installed 3D Cargo Mat from Amazon $15.69 still listed at $14.03. Didn’t want the Black for $100.00.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
womp womp... both colors are $100 now.
post #7589 of 7670 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 01:26 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96firephoenix View Post
womp womp... both colors are $100 now.
Pretty sure I ordered the last of the sub- $15.⁰⁰ ones early yesterday morning.
post #7590 of 7670 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 09:42 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fediej View Post
Pretty sure I ordered the last of the sub- $15.⁰⁰ ones early yesterday morning.
How were they so cheap! Damn.. i missed out. I have the stock OEM one though.

Today I re-installed my HPD suspension from the wrecked car. IT SURVIVED (knock on wood).

Omg.. SO HAPPY. I missed how this suspension felt SO BAD. The stock suspension is terrible compared to HPD. So glad to have this back in. WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

96firephoenix and CrzyCRZ like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode