What did you do to the 'Z today? - Page 749 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 1316Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #7481 of 7618 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 02:12 PM

Well, a couple days ago i bottomed out on a speed bump and when the car came crashing down, the bottom mount broke in half. The mount was ordered but my mechanic said he also heard grinding when it was in gear soooo I'm gonna be broke for awhile =(

IG: Tsubaki_CRZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7482 of 7618 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODGSelene View Post
Well, a couple days ago i bottomed out on a speed bump and when the car came crashing down, the bottom mount broke in half. The mount was ordered but my mechanic said he also heard grinding when it was in gear soooo I'm gonna be broke for awhile =(
you might wanna call your insurance agent about that... speed bumps should not break your car unless you're big-time lowered.
post #7483 of 7618 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Just curious, what bottom mount? We've got pretty big speed bumps going into to work.

post #7484 of 7618 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:58 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96firephoenix View Post
you might wanna call your insurance agent about that... speed bumps should not break your car unless you're big-time lowered.

Or you hit it at high speed after a dip.
post #7485 of 7618 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96firephoenix View Post
I'm not super big time lowered but the mechanic is only charging me 210 for it >___>. I'd rather not see my rates go up over 210 lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie70 View Post
Just curious, what bottom mount? We've got pretty big speed bumps going into to work.
Honestly, I'm not sure. I was just told there was a bottom mount on the engine that broke in half and part of it was pushing up on the tranny which is why I was hearing a weird sound
Eddie70 likes this.

post #7486 of 7618 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 07:47 AM
Super Duper Member

[QUOTE=Eddie70;1378101]
Quote:
It's the 'dog bone mount' aka lower transmission mount (torque rod -- this is what they actually call it).

One end connects to the subframe, and the other to transmission.

Part # 50890-TK6-912

They cost about $110 or so.

Here are some pics of when I pulled my trans. Here you can see it attached to subframe:

And here is the new part on far left:

Quote:
ODGSelene and Eddie70 like this.
post #7487 of 7618 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 11:33 AM

[quote=d1giPhux;1378143]
Quote:

It's the 'dog bone mount' aka lower transmission mount (torque rod -- this is what they actually call it).

Part # 50890-TK6-912

Here are some pics of when I pulled my trans. Here you can see it attached to subframe:

Oh dang!! I had no idea! It makes sense why it felt weird when I gassed it lol. For the price of the repair and everything, do you think 210 is accurate?

post #7488 of 7618 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:04 PM
Premium Member

Garage
[quote=ODGSelene;1378153]
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1giPhux View Post

Oh dang!! I had no idea! It makes sense why it felt weird when I gassed it lol. For the price of the repair and everything, do you think 210 is accurate?
Some days, I'd rather pay $210 for that job, instead of doing it myself. Sounds reasonable to me, however, if you have the tools and garage--and the time--it's an easy enough task to take on yourself.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #7489 of 7618 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Super Duper Member

[QUOTE=ODGSelene;1378153]
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1giPhux View Post
Quote:

Part # 50890-TK6-912

Definitely a fair price if they used on parts.

Note that in the factory service manual it says to replace the bolt that goes through the torque mount and nut that goes on the end. Chances are they won't. This is a $30 bolt and $8 nut. I don't think it really matters though.

After pulling mine apart, I'm not sure why they need to be replaced, but I did it anyways.

Check out fsm page: 13-47 step #35 and fsm page 13-51 step 12.
post #7490 of 7618 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 02:34 PM

[quote=d1giPhux;1378159]
Quote:

Definitely a fair price if they used on parts.

Note that in the factory service manual it says to replace the bolt that goes through the torque mount and nut that goes on the end. Chances are they won't. This is a $30 bolt and $8 nut. I don't think it really matters though.

After pulling mine apart, I'm not sure why they need to be replaced, but I did it anyways.

Check out fsm page: 13-47 step #35 and fsm page 13-51 step 12.
It ended up being 200 for the part and the labor. I don't know if they did, I don't think they replaced the bolt and nut. I might have to do that on my own later on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode