What did you do to the 'Z today? - Page 748 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 1316Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #7471 of 7618 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 09:32 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidDuck View Post
Funny that, I replaced mine too, went with the Indy 500 Firehawks.
how do you like them? I'm a little concerned about them for wet traction, but want to get them sometime this summer when my OE dunlops are dun and lopped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7472 of 7618 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:21 PM

From this evening they seem fine in the wet so far, have not hit any standing water yet, but I generally try to avoid that as it is with the car height. But general wet wipers on full, Stopping and acceleration seems to have no issues except on the Paint in intersections as is normal.
96firephoenix likes this.
post #7473 of 7618 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 06:44 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Got a fifty-dollar eBay arm rest. Plugs into the cup holder like the Zeta did, part of why I liked the design. Good quality, commensurate with the price. Some under-rest storage, and a riser that could be left out if you like. Delivery was quick enough to not be a bother. Needs assembly, nothing challenging. With the spacer installed, it comes out to the same height as the door arm rest. It doesn't fold up, but both the pad and its holder slide forward and backward about five inches.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Honda-C...x/323552522406
ncgeek likes this.

post #7474 of 7618 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 02:00 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Good by winter tires, hello new wheels!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190323_112017_1553363980249.jpg (48.4 KB, 9 views)
post #7475 of 7618 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 02:39 PM
Super Duper Member

put my summer wheels back on... Need some new tires sooner than later. That sweet sweet tax refund is on its way though.

Also ripped off the stupid front plate holder. Finally. Been over 3 years.
Eddie70 likes this.
post #7476 of 7618 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 05:46 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96firephoenix View Post
put my summer wheels back on... Need some new tires sooner than later. That sweet sweet tax refund is on its way though.

Also ripped off the stupid front plate holder. Finally. Been over 3 years.

How strict are they in your area for front plates? When you remove it doesn't it leave horrible self tapped holes?
post #7477 of 7618 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 07:42 PM

Removing the front plate holder was one of the first things I did when I got my CRZ. You are correct in that there are holes in the front and, the black grill is a little different color where the holder was. I am happy with it gone. Much better look in my opinion.

post #7478 of 7618 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:23 PM

Last week... Replaced cracked Motegi Tracklite with another one. Wish I would have did some digging around first since the wheels I've been eye for a while (Advanti Storm S1s) were on clearance at about 20% off with my discount from work. Sadly had to pass on that opportunity. -.-

Earlier this week... Washed the CR-Z. Poor thing was absolutely filthy and looked beige instead of Ivory Pearl.

I'm currently debating on replacing my MTF tomorrow since I'm off this weekend or wait until I have to do the oil change (MMS is at 50% now). I don't drive the car as frequently anymore, just to and from work which is a only 4 mile trip one way BUT its mostly in small town, with a hand full of red lights to stop at.

Veni, vidi, velcro... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
post #7479 of 7618 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 09:49 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
How strict are they in your area for front plates? When you remove it doesn't it leave horrible self tapped holes?
IN doesn't have a front plate reqt at all... I bought the car from IL which is supposedly really strict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie70 View Post
Removing the front plate holder was one of the first things I did when I got my CRZ. You are correct in that there are holes in the front and, the black grill is a little different color where the holder was. I am happy with it gone. Much better look in my opinion.
Fortunately the original dealer installed it with the correct hardware, which was 2 nut plates in the cutout tabs... no holes left over, thank goodness. Fear of this is why it took me so long to remove, lol. (Edit: I was looking at some of the newer bumpers, and it looks like the OEM setup for the front plate mount is self-tappers. oof.)

I do have a little bit of fading there, but once it warms up, I'll hit it with some "back-to-black" trim cleaner. if that doesn't work I'll put up some masking and then get the black spray cans and some plastic primer.
post #7480 of 7618 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 11:34 PM

Garage
With the limited sight in the rear view because of the hatch in the back, I was looking for a solution so I installed a Rear View Mirror Dash Cam 10-Inch 1080P Full HD Touch Screen with 720P 140įWide Angle Waterproof Rear View Camera, Front Rear Dual Lens Car DVR Driving Recorder, G-Sensor, Loop Recording. There were other expensive ones that do the same thing but I settled on this, so far it has been great!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Defiant likes this.

Current: 2016 CRZ EX CVT - Daily Driver, 2006 Montero Ltd
Past: 1997 Del Sol, 1984 CRX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode