What did you do to the 'Z today? - Page 2 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 1316Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 7620 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:29 PM

i moved my car from my next door neighbors house to the front of my house, about 50 ft forward. lol. now that i have a new bicycle i just ride to work everyday and leave the Z at home, except for days that i work out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 7620 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmy82 View Post
I just stood and watched her rest in the garage. Then i gently woke her up and polished her for the spring
Bow-chika-wah-wah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkqkqkfk View Post
punched my fusebox hoping my licence plate light would come back on.. nothing happened...
Dang All your other lights working? Did you do an LED swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Leaned the full throttle fuel mixture, and increased redline
I take it you used a Flashpro to increase redline? What did you bump it up to if you don't mind me asking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed-E View Post
i moved my car from my next door neighbors house to the front of my house, about 50 ft forward. lol. now that i have a new bicycle i just ride to work everyday and leave the Z at home, except for days that i work out
Poor Z . You should do like that guy did a while back and make an aluminum body porsche on a bicycle frame. Looks like a car, works like a pedal bike.

Glad to see this thread taking off! Will be a nice way to keep up with the new things people are doing
post #13 of 7620 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 02:10 AM

Garage
I installed my T1R side mirrors as well as the Spoon wide rear view. I then contemplated whether the red Honda emblems would make my Blue CRZ look too much like Superman... Then thoughts of license plate frames made me feel confused..

post #14 of 7620 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 08:25 AM

I wanted to wash my car today but got called in early and also it's raining... boo

Oh, and I ordered some LED strips to put in the vents.
post #15 of 7620 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFitZ View Post
I take it you used a Flashpro to increase redline? What did you bump it up to if you don't mind me asking?
I upped it 300 points, so it hits the limiter at 6800 and recovers at 6500. (vs hitting the limit at 6500 and bouncing back to 6300)

The power just keeps climbing. It was a good feeling the one time I hit the new limit. I knew my car should have run out of power, but I kept going faster .
(I will NOT be hitting the limit often. It's just more like an older car now. It's up to ME to watch for that red line on the tach, and not push it to much after that)

I think leaning out the full throttle fuel helped a lot, too. I'm just street tuning, but it honestly feels like it's got a lot more pickup.
Oh, I also changed the way it determines when it switches to the full throttle map. It was doing it based on throttle position (80%). Now it's doing it based on engine load. So, even if I'm not mashed to the floor, it will still switch to the full throttle maps when I'm just trying to very quickly accelerate.
Fun stuff!!
post #16 of 7620 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 04:00 PM

Garage
Wound up taking her all the way up to New Britain CT today for work, averaged around 70-75 the entire way there and still got 39.8 mpg, then got a phone call as I was coming home that the Typhoon had arrived, today was a good day indeed
post #17 of 7620 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I upped it 300 points, so it hits the limiter at 6800 and recovers at 6500. (vs hitting the limit at 6500 and bouncing back to 6300)

The power just keeps climbing. It was a good feeling the one time I hit the new limit. I knew my car should have run out of power, but I kept going faster .
(I will NOT be hitting the limit often. It's just more like an older car now. It's up to ME to watch for that red line on the tach, and not push it to much after that)

I think leaning out the full throttle fuel helped a lot, too. I'm just street tuning, but it honestly feels like it's got a lot more pickup.
Oh, I also changed the way it determines when it switches to the full throttle map. It was doing it based on throttle position (80%). Now it's doing it based on engine load. So, even if I'm not mashed to the floor, it will still switch to the full throttle maps when I'm just trying to very quickly accelerate.
Fun stuff!!
Sounds like I need to get a FP soon and before I do any performance mods :homy:

Well I can honestly say installing a subwoofer in the Z has been a royal pain in the butt... After 6 hours and 5 trips to auto zone and one to walmart I have finally gotten my JL 8" installed behind the driver seat and the amp installed under the driver seat. Need to pick up two 25 amp ATC fuses and it should be ready to rock and roll!

Pics:

After getting a pack of fuses. She rocks loud and clear. Still need to dial in the gain a little more, but really gave the sound system that low end it was missing. Now I need to replace the stock speakers with something a little heavier. The stock ones are a joke..
post #18 of 7620 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Capt'n Jack

Garage
Having my Mugenish front license plate holder painted SSM .. I know - but couldn't see spending mega dollars just to have it painted.. It is just a plate holder albiet with some LEDs...

Click on the Capt'n Jack's Place signature link for a video. WARNING .. Rated PG-NSFW..
CVT Fully Loaded EX//NAVI//Eibach Pro Springs//H&R
20mm Rear Spacers//
Honda 17" OEM//
P2R
Down Pipe//K&N Typhoon SRI//32 Diamond Quartz Tint//Clazzio Black-Red Insert & Stitching//
iJDMToy interal&External LEDs//T1R Side Mirrors//Remus USDM Catback Center Exhaust//
post #19 of 7620 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
You guys with T1R and Spoon side/rear view mirrors. Are they awesome?

2011 Honda CR-Z GT
2005 Mazda RX-8 Shinka edition
post #20 of 7620 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romiata View Post
Added some new wheels and tires (thanks again Hoi!)
You bought Hoi's wed's?! Niiiice! Super jealous. I wanted em but couldn't justify paying for them.

Went to Honda and ordered the little grey piece under the e-brake in black to match my new console.

<<<Anti-Fake Parts
CBP 6MT EX
My J's Racing Inspired Build
{[RTG]} - Less is More

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode