"blue-tooth-streaming" - Page 2 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 12:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drheem View Post
Only way to do it is to have an external bluetooth receiver. This is what I did on mine.

Your Aux port is low, mine is up on the dash , directly under the headunit. so that effing wire would be up there... so annoying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 11:46 PM

Garage
I loaded my entire iTunes library onto a thumb drive and plugged it into the usb connector under the head unit...if it gets stolen I'm out a 5$ thumb drive. so it stays with the car. any time the radio sucks I swap to aux usb.
supercrz likes this.

Stock 2013 cr-z, average 35mpg.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 07:05 PM

I had been wondering the same thing. My 2013 Challenger has to be set to stream but calls will cut in. My 2010 Tacoma streams and everything automatically but maybe it's because I was a dummy and bought the $350 toyota retrofit system with a dash button :/ I didn't know any better and i knew I wanted it after installing a BT head unit in my old truck.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjustinlee View Post
I loaded my entire iTunes library onto a thumb drive and plugged it into the usb connector under the head unit...if it gets stolen I'm out a 5$ thumb drive. so it stays with the car. any time the radio sucks I swap to aux usb.
. That works great except if you want to stream podcasts, YouTube, or a radio service like Pandora. Plus I'd need to use a portable hard drive at $100ish EA lol
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 02:38 PM
Elite Member

Garage
a high-quality audio receiver dongle works great for those with no bluetooth audio. in my car the car still switches to hands free link when calls come in and reverts back to whatever streaming service i got going on through my phone through the bluetooth receiver. in other words my phone is temp muting the streaming audio and throws the call directly to hands free link.

downside is no control of the media through the car's steering wheel buttons or radio buttons. i use a Sony bluetooth receiver (for calls) so it has volume and also skip track functions, but not great for browsing stations or artist/songs on the phone. thank goodness google assistant is smarter than ever and i can just say "play whatever track by so and so" or by playlist and voila we got music. same for nav controls (i have no nav).

and even still most bluetooth audio is NOT THAT GREAT unless you get a high quality unit. so i still prefer a direct 3.5mm aux cable since i have to plug something in that hole either way lol. might as well get the best quality with a direct connection. i just mount the phone and use voice commands to get what i need done.

'13 CRZ - PWP EX 6MT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode