Door ding - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Door ding

So I got a horrible door ding next to the door handle on the passenger side. I’m going to try a paintless dent removal guy and hope for the best. I’ve seen CRZs with painted side molding, link below. Anyone have a opinion on these and if they work? Looked okay on the white CRZ in Oregon City. Thanks!

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuin...%2c21;et=2%2c4)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 04:14 PM
Super Duper Member

The Body side molding some like it some hate it but I will tell you even with the Molding you can still get dents.

I happen to like My CR-Z without the pin striping and molding. It does not matter what any of us like what matters is what you like.

I have had very good experiences with the Paint-less Dent Removal( PDR) Professionals.

Some have said it is possible to do yourself but I think the professionals have more skills, specialized tools and techniques than the kits you see advertised all over the place.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

I kinda figured it had limitations, probably only protection from other cars and not trucks so much. The dent is that bad it more where it’s placed. I’ll take a pic here about it up. It’s right next to the door handle well on the body. I think PDR has to go from the inside, so interior plastic body panels are going to have to come out and whomever does it is going to have to lay in the back. I think I’m going to get them and park as far away from people as possible from now on.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 04:42 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I kinda figured it had limitations, probably only protection from other cars and not trucks so much. The dent is that bad it more where itís placed. Iíll take a pic here about it up. Itís right next to the door handle well on the body. I think PDR has to go from the inside, so interior plastic body panels are going to have to come out and whomever does it is going to have to lay in the back. I think Iím going to get them and park as far away from people as possible from now on.

Not all PDR is done from inside some is done with Dry Ice or suction and other specialized tools. All depends on the Skill of your PDR guy.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 06:31 PM
Premium Member

Garage
PDR successfully removed a dent on the rear quarter panel. It sounds like yours is in an easier place to work with, with the interior panel removed, but they may want to drill a hole in your door jamb to obtain tooling access. I did not want them to even think of drilling an access hole, even if the plug it back up "neatly." So, before I took it to them, I removed the panels myself (as I didn't want anyone else removing/installing them,) and they didn't have to waste time on that, but just go right to the dent removal work. Very pleased with the results.

Oh, and even if you park as far away from people as possible from now on, they'll find you; they'll swing their door open into your car again and blissfully walk away. That's why PDR is a wonderful thing, and a growing business. Now, if we can find a way to get rid of the PDI (Purposeful Dent Initiator,) mankind will live in peace.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:20 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I kinda figured it had limitations, probably only protection from other cars and not trucks so much. The dent is that bad it more where itís placed. Iíll take a pic here about it up. Itís right next to the door handle well on the body. I think PDR has to go from the inside, so interior plastic body panels are going to have to come out and whomever does it is going to have to lay in the back. I think Iím going to get them and park as far away from people as possible from now on.
I always try to park far away from people. Too many idiots. Luckily, I also have a dash cam hard wired on m car. So, if anyone tries to pull anything I have full HD recording of them, and hopefully their license plate.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 06:57 PM
Elite Member

I have stacks of computers in my garage (I work in IT), and one fell on my driver door. Huge crease/dent. Well, it's only about 1.5 inches long, but it's pretty deep. I had 20 PDR people tell me it's not fixable.. But I see videos of worse being fixed on YouTube..
I guess those skilled people don't live around here, though .
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:33 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I have stacks of computers in my garage (I work in IT), and one fell on my driver door. Huge crease/dent. Well, it's only about 1.5 inches long, but it's pretty deep. I had 20 PDR people tell me it's not fixable.. But I see videos of worse being fixed on YouTube..
I guess those skilled people don't live around here, though .
Yes, I had one PDR look at my car for an estimate, but he said it couldn't be repaired with PDR. Call up his competitor, and sure enough, they were happy to prove him wrong. I know where the dent WAS, but they did such a good job that I have a real problem finding/showing someone the "imperfection," as he described it, that was left after he got done with his work. Can you post a pic of your damage?

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:13 PM
Elite Member

here's a pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DoorDentr.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	50851  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:03 AM

Garage
Wow looking at the damage I would also agree from the pic you provided that its not a simple fix. Not in the traditional way I have seen dings being fixed.

I would say that your panel needs body work, bondo, repainting the panel, and the body line doesn't even line up with the door.

Could you post a pic of how it looks like now and would you share how much you were charged to repair the panel.

Thanks

TWCompetition

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode