Help! Seeking Authentic Mugen Wing Spoiler Installation TEMPLATES! - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Red&Black <3

Garage
Help! Seeking Authentic Mugen Wing Spoiler Installation TEMPLATES!

Hi all, I bought my boyfriend a used authentic rear Mugen wing. He’s trying to have a shop install it and they refused without the original templates. Sure we could try other shops, but really to do the best job would require the templates. In the instructions, they look like little pieces of paper or plastic film you place over your hatch ends and it shows you where to drill.

Has anyone kept theirs?! Willing to borrow or buy!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2D88F6AE-9733-48E8-9FA4-AF4E6D4F9DC0_1553819012723.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	50711  

2011 EX CVT
~~~~~~~~~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 07:02 AM
Super Duper Member

Maybe if you write a nice letter to Mugen they might send it to you? Also doing some googling for other rare documents I have found them posted in strange archives online. I would presume if you center it it should not be difficult to install but I understand why a body shop would not install without the template due to liability and drilling holes.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 06:39 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaHolly View Post
Hi all, I bought my boyfriend a used authentic rear Mugen wing. He’s trying to have a shop install it and they refused without the original templates. Sure we could try other shops, but really to do the best job would require the templates. In the instructions, they look like little pieces of paper or plastic film you place over your hatch ends and it shows you where to drill.

Has anyone kept theirs?! Willing to borrow or buy!!
Luck Phu, to have you! Maybe you can ask Adam (Czarski?) forget how to spell his last name--I figure he'd have it, and just would have to look around in the garage for it.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Red&Black <3

Garage
Seeing the Mugen spoiler in pieces, its really complicated. You have to drill from the inside and also from the outside. I already tried googling and checking eBay. I want to ask my local Honda dealers (I have 3 or 4) if they keep them but I doubt it.

2011 EX CVT
~~~~~~~~~~
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 09:06 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaHolly View Post
Seeing the Mugen spoiler in pieces, its really complicated. You have to drill from the inside and also from the outside. I already tried googling and checking eBay. I want to ask my local Honda dealers (I have 3 or 4) if they keep them but I doubt it.

Contact Mugen tell them how much you love their parts and you are moving your wing from one vehicle to another and lost the template ( they are usually one time use) Dealers that sell the part might be able to get replacements from Mugen too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in