Belgian CR-Z owners? - Page 4 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 05:55 PM

so you think this would be sufficient reason to not buy the car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 07:30 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beniamin View Post
so you think this would be sufficient reason to not buy the car?
I was about to say that the good news is they did regular oil/filter changes, but it's not good for engine start-ups to use a higher viscosity than OEM recommendations, which is 0w20. I wouldn't call it a deal breaker, but I'd be sure to knock off 20% of your intended offer and tell him why you can't pay more for it. You'll still have a good car; a good engine, but change it back to 0w20 if you buy it, and also change ALL the other fluids in the car, just to start anew.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
Check the owners manual and service history book to know for sure. The monitor is built in to the MID. I doubt USA models have anything the other markets don’t. USA had least number of options of any of the CR-Zs. We had three trim levels no separate options at all.

Here in the USA some dealers provide a sheet of recommended Maintenance items which suggest more services than the actual owners manual and service history book. The Owners Manual package is what I would follow and have been. You can order replacement ones here in the USA from this company http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp?r= not sure if something similar is available in other parts of the world
Actually the USA model do have an additional rear wiper...

Envoyé de mon Mi MIX 2S en utilisant Tapatalk
Spdbump and Fediej like this.

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 06:51 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr03 View Post
Actually the USA model do have an additional rear wiper...

And many members of this forum have removed it!
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 06:54 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by litz View Post
I was about to say that the good news is they did regular oil/filter changes, but it's not good for engine start-ups to use a higher viscosity than OEM recommendations, which is 0w20. I wouldn't call it a deal breaker, but I'd be sure to knock off 20% of your intended offer and tell him why you can't pay more for it. You'll still have a good car; a good engine, but change it back to 0w20 if you buy it, and also change ALL the other fluids in the car, just to start anew.

I second this recommendation if they put the wrong weight oil in you have no idea what other incorrect fluids/parts were put in the car. I am still so shocked a Honda dealer did not follow Honda specifications for maintenance items.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 12:12 PM

is there a way to detect if something is wrong?
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 04:06 PM
Super Duper Member

As with any vehicle you buy ,no. You pay your money take your chances. An independent inspection by a known good certified mechanic may give you a clue but you can’t trust anything the current owner or shop(s) that have Serviced it tell you.
Quote:
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 07:05 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
After further thinking on the subject, I think we're over thinking it.

Perhaps, they listed it as a different viscosity on the work order, but they actually put the correct 0w20 oil in. That could happen if there's a drop-down option to pick the oil type for the billing, but it was just not chosen, and showed the last "type" that was "selected."

To the best of my knowledge, and I'm not a qualified mechanic, but have torn a few engines apart and put them back together again, I think you'll have to tear the engine down to find any--if any at all--excessive wear or deterioration. I'm always open to correction, but have you asked the owner about the different types used and why, or even if that part of the paperwork is correct?

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 08:38 PM

I don't think that he knows, or cares what oil put the service guys in there. Yes, I hope there are no significant damages, I spoke with a guy that put only 10w40 in his crz, and he has 170.000 km and no problems at all. I am curious if someone experienced actual and preceivable damage using this kind of oil in a similar honda engine.
As for your version, while it is possible, I don't think it is very plausible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
And many members of this forum have removed it!
Hoooo you really want to have the last word sorry I didn't get it before

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode