Takeda intake users ... - Page 2 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 09:36 AM
SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyCRZ View Post
Yes I do have the resonator connectors but itís not a snug connection. I have tried pushing it in but thereís some space between the bottom of the intake and the resonator tube. Well, I usually donít hear it droning until RPM goes up high. It happened when I was going up a huge mountain pass and had to use sports mode. Battery was depleted from cruise control itís really interesting to learn about the car as I go.

I am tempted to switch back to factory box to see the difference.
I was the same with the resonator tube connecting into the intake. The first part pushed in ok, but there does seem to be excess movement past that point. I've not noticed any issue since fitting so have just asumed it was the norm and left it alone.
Generally with the intake I find until you start heading up to and above the 4,000k rev range that's when it gets louder in the cabin for me. I also have a custom exhaust with 1st cat/muffler deleted and the Fit manifold installed so generally my car is louder than stock.
CrzyCRZ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Takeda intake users ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMB View Post
I was the same with the resonator tube connecting into the intake. The first part pushed in ok, but there does seem to be excess movement past that point. I've not noticed any issue since fitting so have just asumed it was the norm and left it alone.

Generally with the intake I find until you start heading up to and above the 4,000k rev range that's when it gets louder in the cabin for me. I also have a custom exhaust with 1st cat/muffler deleted and the Fit manifold installed so generally my car is louder than stock.

Yea, I like it once a while to hear the roaring sound from the intake especially when I drive on B road. I was little embarrassed going up the big hill while my friend was sleeping all we heard was a long and droning noise at 4K rpm with other cars passing me

Yea I bet yours is loud with the custom muffler. I have the HPD exhaust which isnít too bad. It was all the intake noise lol

Anyways, i am still curious to see what other usersí Long Term Fuel Trims are with the Takeda intake. I want to compare if my numbers (7-12%) are normal with the intake. It makes sense to have higher numbers because of the extra airflow going into the engine but how much % is too much ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode