PCV Valve ? - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

PCV Valve ?

I am curious if anyone has changed their PCV valve. I found the part 17130-RTW-A01 but it doesn’t look like a conventional PCV valve compared to other cars. Do you guys change it as part of your maintenance schedule ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 01:03 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyCRZ View Post
I am curious if anyone has changed their PCV valve. I found the part 17130-RTW-A01 but it doesnít look like a conventional PCV valve compared to other cars. Do you guys change it as part of your maintenance schedule ?
Yes, that's the correct part#, but I've never had cause to replace it. I figure, it either works or it doesn't--if you idle the engine and pinch the hose, and the valve clicks, it's good. Or am I missing something? I'm good at that--missing things.
Spdbump likes this.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 11:24 PM

do you mean part 36162-RBJ-005? purge control solenoid valve? i had mine replaced because it broke when i installed my bored throttle body lmao

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by litz View Post
Quote:
I am curious if anyone has changed their PCV valve. I found the part 17130-RTW-A01 but it doesn’t look like a conventional PCV valve compared to other cars. Do you guys change it as part of your maintenance schedule ?
Yes, that's the correct part#, but I've never had cause to replace it. I figure, it either works or it doesn't--if you idle the engine and pinch the hose, and the valve clicks, it's good. Or am I missing something? I'm good at that--missing things.[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/CRZForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]
Thanks for the tip. I think I will just wait until it fails. If it ain’t break, don’t fix lol my car only has 24k miles and I am worrying too much haha

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyy View Post
do you mean part 36162-RBJ-005? purge control solenoid valve? i had mine replaced because it broke when i installed my bored throttle body lmao
Interesting, I have seen that part number but not sure where that is located. Where is it located ?

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyy View Post
Interesting, I have seen that part number but not sure where that is located. Where is it located ?
Nvm, I found the part you mentioned... it’s on the throttle body. Ouch, good thing it’s not that expensive. 😄

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 08:30 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. I think I will just wait until it fails. If it ainít break, donít fix lol my car only has 24k miles and I am worrying too much haha
Yeah, it's still young at 24k, but the only things maintenance wise that I do, is to change the CVT fluid often (about 20,000 to 30,000 miles,) and the 6-Speed's trans oil at 40,000 to 50,000 miles.) I start thinking about changing the engine oil/filter when the maintenance minder reads 20% or less. I might add in there, changing coolant and brake fluid every 2-3 years. It's a Honda, so not much else to do, other than to clean it inside and out weekly and let that PWP shine!

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 11:16 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Yeah, it's still young at 24k, but the only things maintenance wise that I do, is to change the CVT fluid often (about 20,000 to 30,000 miles,) and the 6-Speed's trans oil at 40,000 to 50,000 miles.) I start thinking about changing the engine oil/filter when the maintenance minder reads 20% or less. I might add in there, changing coolant and brake fluid every 2-3 years. It's a Honda, so not much else to do, other than to clean it inside and out weekly and let that PWP shine!
I also want to add changing the Wiper blades and both air filters annually is a good idea.

Doesn't the Minder tell you when to change CVT fluid? I changed it early with the filter you all told me about at 50K. I just had the Coolant changed at 57K.

While we are talking about Maintenance how many clicks do you have to pull up your parking brake before the car will not move? Dealer told me 5 to 8 is within specifications.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. I think I will just wait until it fails. If it ain’t break, don’t fix lol my car only has 24k miles and I am worrying too much haha
I literally got the car 2 months ago. It’s a certified preowned. I decided to start the maintenance schedule myself. I changed engine oil, CVT fluid, and brake fluid. I got a little worried when my CVT got stuck in first gear starting from an auto stop up hill. I have seen a few threads that some people have the same problem. It only happened to me once and I become more gentle with the CVT now. The CVT is a lot smoother after fluid change.

Here’s what I am talking about in case anyone is interested:
https://youtu.be/uw8QSO5O7pM

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
Quote:
I also want to add changing the Wiper blades and both air filters annually is a good idea.

Doesn't the Minder tell you when to change CVT fluid? I changed it early with the filter you all told me about at 50K. I just had the Coolant changed at 57K.

While we are talking about Maintenance how many clicks do you have to pull up your parking brake before the car will not move? Dealer told me 5 to 8 is within specifications.
I am curious if the minder tells to you change the CVT fluid too. I just changed mine too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode