Crz Engine management for Australia - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Crz Engine management for Australia

Hi guys im desperate for an engine management solution for my 2012 CRZ
I had already explored the Hondata Flash Pro option to which my ECU number in the compatibility checker showed its not part of the regions that have Hondata flash to work. I also then purchased a Japanese ECU to do an Ecu swap and that didnt work either they tried to get thru the immobilizer but then all the dash lights flashed etc.

I then messaged K tuner who intially said my ecu is compatible and they can make it to work. After purchasing the Ktuner V2 its coming up with the following errors.

I sent the message to them but they havent got it working or anything

HELP ME !

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Remus Exhaust||Neomax Coilovers|| Desmond wise sport 3 piece wheels ||Illuminated CRZ doorsill||Winky LED JDM side mirror || Shaved from and rear OEM emblem || JDP front grille ||Seibon Front Lip || Custom side splitter || Audio ice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 06:34 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop G View Post
...I then messaged K tuner who initially said my ecu is compatible and they can make it to work. After purchasing the Ktuner V2 its coming up with the following errors.

I sent the message to them but they haven't gotten it working or anything

HELP ME !
How long has it been since KTuner was notified about the needed fix? I had him make a couple of upgrades to my KTuner software for my specific Sprintex set up, and it took a couple of weeks between the initial request and the appropriate fix. Given that my situation concerned enhancements to the software that was already doing its fundamental job, it sounds like there would be much more time involved to crack the code for that different market OEM base. I'm sorry I can't help you, except to say that if he said he'd work on a solution--from my experience with him--he's striving to come up with a solution, but that might actually take more time that he (or you) expected at first. Hope he finds a solution for you, or that someone will find a different--better--solution, if possible.
Snoop G likes this.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by litz View Post
How long has it been since KTuner was notified about the needed fix? I had him make a couple of upgrades to my KTuner software for my specific Sprintex set up, and it took a couple of weeks between the initial request and the appropriate fix. Given that my situation concerned enhancements to the software that was already doing its fundamental job, it sounds like there would be much more time involved to crack the code for that different market OEM base. I'm sorry I can't help you, except to say that if he said he'd work on a solution--from my experience with him--he's striving to come up with a solution, but that might actually take more time that he (or you) expected at first. Hope he finds a solution for you, or that someone will find a different--better--solution, if possible.
Litz im glad you took the time to repond. Its been a few months and im a patient guy but even the code and error would seem as thou all thats needed is to add my ecu into the table or database.
I have even the official ktuner Australian dealer has been contacted to help me see if he can get some support.
Regardless im holding onto the hope that one day my crz will hVe more HP but without ktuner i cannot do a thing. #helpless

Remus Exhaust||Neomax Coilovers|| Desmond wise sport 3 piece wheels ||Illuminated CRZ doorsill||Winky LED JDM side mirror || Shaved from and rear OEM emblem || JDP front grille ||Seibon Front Lip || Custom side splitter || Audio ice

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 08:31 AM
Premium Member

Garage

Yes, I would have given it a couple of months, and then send a follow-up query about the issue. I thought maybe, my initial problem got fast-tracked because he and my tuner/dyno guy knew and worked with each other before he even developed "KTuner." It's just one guy, unless things have changed, but adding your ECU to the database can present unforeseen issues, particularly if it's unique from the other models that he's actually tested with the car at his location. I'd try not to be a nuisance about it, but two months later, and no resolution would make me contact them for sure, at [email protected] --Good luck, is all I can say or do, but hoping you get a resolution from them!

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

Yes, I would have given it a couple of months, and then send a follow-up query about the issue. I thought maybe, my initial problem got fast-tracked because he and my tuner/dyno guy knew and worked with each other before he even developed "KTuner." It's just one guy, unless things have changed, but adding your ECU to the database can present unforeseen issues, particularly if it's unique from the other models that he's actually tested with the car at his location. I'd try not to be a nuisance about it, but two months later, and no resolution would make me contact them for sure, at [email protected] --Good luck, is all I can say or do, but hoping you get a resolution from them!
But what im not sure of right is why is 2012 ecu different from 2011 n 2013.
If its a zf1 n zf2 fair enough. But if its years within zf1 how different can the ecu be. Yeah ill figure something out i hope

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 07:38 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
But what im not sure of right is why is 2012 ecu different from 2011 n 2013.
If its a zf1 n zf2 fair enough. But if its years within zf1 how different can the ecu be. Yeah ill figure something out i hope
Not only a difference between the years, basically, 2011-2012, 2013-2015, 2016, but also between CVT and 6-Speed. On top of that, differences in Europe, USA, Japan, etc. and no telling what the differences are. See if you can contact James at KTuner to find out what the problem is. From what I was told, my KTuner is only good for my 2013 CVT, specifically, but my tuner said he could tune my 6-Speed all the same... don't know of what he'd need to do to make it work, but (if I were to actually put it in the 6-Speed instead,) and I needed to uninstall the CVT KTuner from the 6-Speed at a later date, then my 6-Speed would/could have issues because my KTuner would be reverting it back to the OEM specs of the CVT.

Let me know what KTuner says in reply to your request for more info.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Okay my beginning conversation with K tuner was in 2016 and its now 2019 .

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AhA1LreVMhOFnz5AUQRNb3vUd76g

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 08:47 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Okay my beginning conversation with K tuner was in 2016 and its now 2019 .

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AhA1LreVMhOFnz5AUQRNb3vUd76g
Link's not showing any info for me.... What's up with KTuner, now? Is this good news or bad???

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Link's not showing any info for me.... What's up with KTuner, now? Is this good news or bad???
are you on my facebook ?

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 09:19 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
are you on my facebook ?

Oh! Are you Jivi, on facebook? Just went over there, and I see a post of ..."any chance you can give your valued feedback about the company that we love to hate ." but the content is "not available right now."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode