Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums (https://www.crzforum.com/forum/)
-   CR-Z Build Threads (https://www.crzforum.com/forum/cr-z-build-threads/)
-   -   pongoro87's build thread (https://www.crzforum.com/forum/cr-z-build-threads/62385-pongoro87s-build-thread.html)

pongoro87 07-11-2015 04:09 PM

74 Attachment(s)
2014 CR-Z base CVT (Polished Metal Metallic)

EXTERIOR

OEM decklid spoiler
OEM black out hatch panel
HKS axleback

INTERIOR

2016 upper dash trim
2012 EX side console trim
2014 EX shifter bezel & shifter
2016 EX door handles
OEM door sills (led lit up version)

SUSPENSION

HPD suspension

after having these (3) front brake set-ups on the car... I managed to get weight information on them... hopefully this will be helpful.

STOCK

Calipers+pads = 11.0 lbs each
Rotors = 11.4 lbs each

RSX TYPE-S CONVERSION

Calipers+pads = 11.4 lbs each
Rotors = 17.0 lbs each

HPD BBK

Calipers+pads = 9.8 lbs each
Rotors = 17.8 lbs each

DPHA WILWOOD CALIPERS

Calipers+pads = 4.11 lbs each
Rotors = 11.4 lbs each

pongoro87 07-11-2015 04:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
it has been years since i made any updates on my car, it has been through a lot... is time to keep the mods going
no longer has the HPD exhaust and BBK KIT
how it sits now (pretty stockish)

pongoro87 07-11-2015 04:38 PM

Reserved

litz 07-11-2015 04:55 PM

[QUOTE=pongoro87;946921]current.....

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...psra4zgdcf.jpg

That's a unique shift knob, looks good with your interior. Did you override the push button, or is it just hidden in that photo? (I'm thinking of modifying mine, and would actually like to incorporate a toggle to "paddle shift" up or down from the shift knob.)

pongoro87 07-11-2015 04:59 PM

[QUOTE=litz;946937]
Quote:

Originally Posted by pongoro87 (Post 946921)
current.....

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...psra4zgdcf.jpg

That's a unique shift knob, looks good with your interior. Did you override the push button, or is it just hidden in that photo? (I'm thinking of modifying mine, and would actually like to incorporate a toggle to "paddle shift" up or down from the shift knob.)

thanks man!
I don't know what you mean by PUSH BUTTON, but if you are referring to the RED hazard switch I had before, I sold it :o ... probably will get one soon, though

litz 07-11-2015 05:21 PM

Oh, I see now that you changed out the hazard button, but I was talking about the new shift knob you have now (the other one you had, looked like it came from a Fit--where did you get this one?). The push button I was referring to is the button you push to get it out of park, into reverse, etc. The one you have doesn't look like an automatic shift knob, and I put a standard knob on my old Insight, so I could move the shifter without pressing the lock-out button. I had a problem (panic) when a semi started to back up into me years ago, and fumbling for the button to slam it in reverse and save me from getting run over, made me feel better to change it out (that was my first automatic, and just wasn't used to pushing a button to change gear/selector.)

pongoro87 07-11-2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by litz (Post 946969)
Oh, I see now that you changed out the hazard button, but I was talking about the new shift knob you have now (the other one you had, looked like it came from a Fit--where did you get this one?). The push button I was referring to is the button you push to get it out of park, into reverse, etc. The one you have doesn't look like an automatic shift knob, and I put a standard knob on my old Insight, so I could move the shifter without pressing the lock-out button. I had a problem (panic) when a semi started to back up into me years ago, and fumbling for the button to slam it in reverse and save me from getting run over, made me feel better to change it out (that was my first automatic, and just wasn't used to pushing a button to change gear/selector.)

gotcha :o
This one came from a late generation Insight... it still has the switch to move to different gears, the pics don't show it, though.
it is basically the same as the fit sport knob I had before... the only difference is the design and the silver stitching, which matches the seats and arm console :thumbsup:

pongoro87 07-26-2015 06:42 PM

Front brake conversions

bump

ubeyo 07-27-2015 11:48 PM

so you went from hpd to rsx-s? why did you down grade?

scrz 07-28-2015 12:19 AM

Huh. Is it possible to run the HPD calipers with the stock rotors? 16lbs unsprung savings over the full HPD kit. Probably not worth it, but any time I see weights it sets the gears a'whirling.