pongoro87's build thread - Page 4 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 05:01 PM
Super Duper Member

Yup that is the Foam insert I have. I thought the spare kit had just the side foam pieces with a different arrangement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pongoro87 View Post
you mean this one?

you can buy the metal frame beam thingy that holds the spare tire in place, it is the same as the stock one... the only difference is the one in the kit has a hole were the bolt attaches to.
before I got my spare tire... I was borrowing my mother's nissan juke's spare tire, which is compatible to our cars... the only problem is that it was bigger in diameter, I couldn't use the foam pieces that go on the sides.... so I only had the spare tire by itself on the hatch with no problems or sounds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
Yup that is the Foam insert I have. I thought the spare kit had just the side foam pieces with a different arrangement.
yeah, that's what I have now, you can see them on the sides of the wheel

Spdbump likes this.
post #33 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

here are the pics showing the clearance in the hatch

post #34 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
here are the pics showing the clearance in the hatch

It looks like it does not lay flat with your particular tire and wheel combination and there are some gaps but thank you for showing me your set up. Until I am gainfully employed I will just take my chances.
post #35 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

I am adding some custom touches to the interior... a friend of mine is helping me make that happen...
here is some of his professional work...

I really like the contrast touch it gives to the center console... but I am debating on going w/ a black out interior look...
post #36 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
It looks like it does not lay flat with your particular tire and wheel combination and there are some gaps but thank you for showing me your set up. Until I am gainfully employed I will just take my chances.
yeah, the gaps are bigger w/ my tire set-up
post #37 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
yeah, the gaps are bigger w/ my tire set-up
I didn't see it and did not look very hard but do you still have the Honda Supplied Compressor stored somewhere in the car? Mine was just replaced for a bad power cord.

Just curious.

I am looking forward to seeing the rest of your modifications. Whenever I see a CR-Z without the armrest I forget it did not come with the car
post #38 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
I didn't see it and did not look very hard but do you still have the Honda Supplied Compressor stored somewhere in the car? Mine was just replaced for a bad power cord.

Just curious.

I am looking forward to seeing the rest of your modifications. Whenever I see a CR-Z without the armrest I forget it did not come with the car
yeah, I still have it... I am actually trying to sell that entire foam piece w/ its parts (compressor, jack, etc)

I used to have the armrest... regret selling it
post #39 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
yeah, I still have it... I am actually trying to sell that entire foam piece w/ its parts (compressor, jack, etc)

I used to have the armrest... regret selling it
For me if I ever get the spare kit I will fashion a way for the compressor to still be in the car just in case I get a second flat or for adding air when away from home. Just something to think about. Anyone who needs the insert already has the tools but you now have two sets so I do understand.
post #40 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
For me if I ever get the spare kit I will fashion a way for the compressor to still be in the car just in case I get a second flat or for adding air when away from home. Just something to think about. Anyone who needs the insert already has the tools but you now have two sets so I do understand.
I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea keeping the air compressor and just sell the jack and foam piece at a lower price
Spdbump likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode