litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread - Page 61 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 205Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #601 of 607 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteZ View Post
I don't know why I didn't put this together sooner but I am fairly certain you are the one I stayed and rode with during the Dragon this year. Thank again for that and I am glad next year I will be able to be there in my own Z
Yep, that was me! That's about the best thing about getting together with other CR-Zers at the Dragon--putting together the forum posts with the actual driver in person. Nice to hear you found your own Z and I'll see you again next Summer.
CuteZ likes this.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 607 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litz View Post
Hi Sheep--It's the GARAGE VARY wing, and I ordered it from japanparts.com More info below:

Japanparts Number : 164-114-005
Parts Name : REAR WING
Parts Maker : GARAGE VARY
Model : ZF1

JAPANPARTS.COM
E-MAIL : [email protected]
URL : http://www.japanparts.com
http://www.facebook.com/Japanpartscom

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/36059
Been reading the tread, your CRZ is beautiful. I was going to ask about the middling, so thanks for the info.
litz likes this.
post #603 of 607 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Since I have two CR-Z's now, I'm not sure what to post in my build thread anymore, lol. The "build" started with the CVT, but after getting the 6-Speed, all the mods (except for the Sprintex and Mugen air box) were transferred over to the 6-Speed.

Everything seems to be down to general maintenance on both cars, but there are parts and projects awaiting my ambition to install/fabricate them in the future (on both.) Meanwhile, I was noticing the CVT not doing its "continuously variable" thing during wide open throttle at times lately, so I've finally gotten around to change the fluid again. I figured that fluid level and/or fluid change would solve the problem, but Cameron and E.J. have both had to replace their CVT's recently, so I've been preparing for the worse--that it will just leave me stranded, and I'll have to invest in a new one sometime soon (although they replaced theirs with lower mileage, gently used CVT's.)

The Sprintex/CVT's gotten 40 mpg average on the most recent tank full, but I count that as unusual due to the fact that I've been driving it more frugally than normal lately. At least, until today...after the fluid change, I took it out for a run that dropped the mpg's down to 38 mpg, but at least it's not showing any signs of the CVT acting up and not shifting properly at WOT. Seems the fluid change solved that problem.

April 27, 2019 maintenance:
Mileage: 54,225
Oil change (was at 40% remaining on the MID, but oil looked a bit too dark/blackish...)
CVT fluid change (20,000 since last CVT fluid change)
Sprintex belt and oil change

...only a couple of months, or less, before the HPD 6-Speed is due for traction fluid and belt change.
supercrz likes this.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!

post #604 of 607 (permalink) Old Today, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknowncrz View Post
Been reading the tread, your CRZ is beautiful. I was going to ask about the middling, so thanks for the info.
Thanks--I appreciate it! I haven't keeping my build thread very active lately, but let me know what wing you decided upon (if any.)

post #605 of 607 (permalink) Old Today, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Seat Belt Mod

I don't know about anyone else, but the anchoring of the seat belt with the 180 twist has annoyed me to no end since I got the CR-Z. Well, someone posted a link to safetyrestore.com a few weeks ago, and they do seat belt repair. Thought I'd try them out, and see if they could rotate my bottom anchor point(s) to make the seat belt sit flush between the door and the seatback when retracted, instead of sitting perpendicularly between them.

They received them on Monday and sent them back via USPS later that day. I opted to get them "upgraded" to orange to match the other accents of the interior--they look good, but just a little bit too-bright orange compared to the seat and door panel inserts, but I think I'll send the other set out to them to do the same thing with the twist, but keep the color black. (So, the 6-Speed has the orange, and the CVT will get that mod done in black.)

Here's a before and after pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01002.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	51159   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01004.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	51161  
SolidDuck likes this.

post #606 of 607 (permalink) Old Today, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litz View Post
I opted to get them "upgraded" to orange to match the other accents of the interior--they look good, but just a little bit too-bright orange compared to the seat and door panel inserts, but I think I'll send the other set out to them to do the same thing with the twist, but keep the color black. (So, the 6-Speed has the orange, and the CVT will get that mod done in black.)
I too pondered the orange belts for a bit, but decided I'm not that flash yet. they do look sharp though
post #607 of 607 (permalink) Old Today, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidDuck View Post
I too pondered the orange belts for a bit, but decided I'm not that flash yet. they do look sharp though
Yeah, they're almost embarrassingly too flashy--maybe they get a little dirty/worn and blend in a little bit better in a year or so....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode