WTB: int/ext mods, zf1 JDM emblems, door visors and more! - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

WTB: int/ext mods, zf1 JDM emblems, door visors and more!

See title. Looking for some cool extras to jazz up my "new" 2012 CR-Z and I don't know the first thing about performance mods, so, exterior and interior mods it is!

If you have any parts that you're looking to part ways with that are in decent condition, let me know. I'm also interested in other cosmetic body mods or tires, especially spoilers.

You can contact me in this thread or over PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 06:44 PM

i have a set of door window visors as well as custom weather floor mats cut to fit if you’re interested
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1552175052027.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	50637  
Defiant likes this.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Pm'd

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 01:26 PM

Garage
Something inexpensive that you can do to spruce up the interior as well as add some function to the car is to get an interior LED kit. They can be had with different colors for somewhere around $11-$14 on amazon. The lights are very easy to install and should only take about 10-20 minutes.
Fediej likes this.

2011 CPB CRZ
Suspension work, intake, exhaust/2nd decat
2017 Black EcoBoost Mustang
Suspension work, Bolt-ons, BAMA tune
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 01:33 PM

Garage
Also, a K&N drop in filter is a fairly inexpensive ($40) performance mod you can do to the car that should take less then 5 minutes to install. The filters are washable so you would never have to buy another one and can just wash it about every 50,000 miles. When my room mate bought a 2015 CR-Z, i took off the airbox cover and discovered that the air filter was completely filthy. I just gave him my drop in filter with about 10,000 miles on it since I had upgraded to a K&N Typhoon CAI.

2011 CPB CRZ
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Oh wow thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into those. I checked out some threads about LED swapping the interior lights and it seemed kinda daunting lol. Also does the air filter change make a big difference? I have been considering it for awhile to pep up the performance and if it's really easy I could probably manage it.

Will definitely look into both of those. Thanks! I love your build btw! Your thread definitely served as an inspiration. I have a crystal black one as well.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 05:24 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veo24 View Post
Oh wow thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into those. I checked out some threads about LED swapping the interior lights and it seemed kinda daunting lol. Also does the air filter change make a big difference? I have been considering it for awhile to pep up the performance and if it's really easy I could probably manage it.

Will definitely look into both of those. Thanks! I love your build btw! Your thread definitely served as an inspiration. I have a crystal black one as well.
Swapping the interior lights is easy. If you can change a light bulb in your home, you can do it in your car. The drop in filter makes a marginal difference, the K&N's greatest benefit is that you'll most likely never need to buy another one. And yes, it is also an easy swap.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 07:47 AM

Garage
The best gains can be had when you compliment a performance mod with a tune. Doing a drop in filter may not warrant getting a tune since most dyno shops charge $500+ for a dyno session. Some people wait until they put a supercharger on their car before they get a tune.

2011 CPB CRZ
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 01:35 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikeybun View Post
The best gains can be had when you compliment a performance mod with a tune. Doing a drop in filter may not warrant getting a tune since most dyno shops charge $500+ for a dyno session.
There is no "may not warrant", It just plain does not need one. It is not a big enough modification on it's own. Most shops would laugh at the suggestion. Though They may take your money and do it anyway.
And also, welcome to the forum @Veo24. Post some pics and more info on your car.

Last edited by Fediej; 03-12-2019 at 01:38 PM. Reason: added "mention"
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

@fedie thank you! I'll be sure to do that. I'm pretty sure the car is completely stock aside from a few small things like window tint. I've been trying to figure out what other modifications the previous owner made lol so maybe you guys would be able to tell!

I just gave her a nice handwash so it might be a perfect time!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode