Canadian Cr-z in Oklahoma?? - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By 96firephoenix
  • 1 Post By Ducky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Canadian Cr-z in Oklahoma??

Yeah. I'm in the middle of America and I just bought my 2011 crz hybrid and I love it! But being American I normally use F but both temp displayes are in C. How could I change this? It's not really that big of a deal but I'd like to change just for convenience sake. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Super Duper Member

I think this is selectable... I could be wrong. If it's not selectable, then you've got a Canuck car. Not unheard of, and you shouldn't have any issues since you're clearly not the one that imported it.

With the car parked (parking brake if you have the manual), use the up/down arrows on the right side of your steering wheel to navigate the in-dash information screen to the "CUSTOMIZE SETTINGS" tab. If you notice the progress bar at the right edge of the screen, I think it's at the bottom.

From there, go to "Meter Setup" and then "Adjust Outside Temp Display"

If you have the owner's manual, instructions are on page 90.
Spdbump likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 06:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96firephoenix View Post
I think this is selectable... I could be wrong. If it's not selectable, then you've got a Canuck car. Not unheard of, and you shouldn't have any issues since you're clearly not the one that imported it.

With the car parked (parking brake if you have the manual), use the up/down arrows on the right side of your steering wheel to navigate the in-dash information screen to the "CUSTOMIZE SETTINGS" tab. If you notice the progress bar at the right edge of the screen, I think it's at the bottom.

From there, go to "Meter Setup" and then "Adjust Outside Temp Display"

If you have the owner's manual, instructions are on page 90.
This is all correct until you got to the part about importing cars. You're right in that he's not facing legal trouble, wrong in that if Canadian CRZs don't meet federal emissions, they get crushed like anything else.
96firephoenix likes this.

2011 6MT EX nav, sold to hashtagasap

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 06:28 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Rutter View Post
Yeah. I'm in the middle of America and I just bought my 2011 crz hybrid and I love it! But being American I normally use F but both temp displayes are in C. How could I change this? It's not really that big of a deal but I'd like to change just for convenience sake. Thanks.
Speedometer is probably reading Kilometers too. There is a button for that on the dash. I highly recommend reading the owners manual as others have suggested. Cars have for years been able to be switched from one measurement system to the other. Even my 1989 LeBaron had that capability. On that car you had to change it in 3 places. As the systems did not talk to each other. I highly doubt it is not changeable and or a Canadian specification car.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 10:21 AM

Glad to hear there is another crz owner in Oklahoma. I hope you get the display sorted out. The only thing I could think of is pressing the mph/kph button for a couple of seconds as previously mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode