Honda crz cvt zf1 max power with forced induction - Page 2 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 12:38 AM

Honda crz cvt zf1 max power with forced induction

Quote:
Originally Posted by talhasadiq700 View Post
So some questions, are you using water injection kit with smaller pulley or are you using it with stock pulley?
Which water injection are you using?did you use the 5th injector area for injecting water. I dont mind NO power raise from only injecting water since i will hve raised power from smaller pulley itself.
Only thing now i am concerned about is people claiming hydrolocks from water injection. Can this happen my full vot run are usually only on saturdays. My daily drive is not more than 30km

Stock pulley. Reduce heat soak tremendously during my long trips (6-8hrs road travel). Its inserted pre throttle body.

Aem water meth kit . Set psi i set 2 psi max psi i set 15 psi instead ( i aim 20-25 % water to fuel ratio). No incident of hydrolocks even during my long drives
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerobyte View Post
Quote:
So some questions, are you using water injection kit with smaller pulley or are you using it with stock pulley?
Which water injection are you using?did you use the 5th injector area for injecting water. I dont mind NO power raise from only injecting water since i will hve raised power from smaller pulley itself.

Only thing now i am concerned about is people claiming hydrolocks from water injection. Can this happen my full vot run are usually only on saturdays. My daily drive is not more than 30km

Stock pulley. Reduce heat soak tremendously during my long trips (6-8hrs road travel). Its inserted pre throttle body.

Aem water meth kit . Set psi i set 2 psi max psi i set 15 psi instead ( i aim 20-25 % water to fuel ratio). No incident of hydrolocks even during my long drives
Just wondering why not try a smaller pulley is it asking to much from the supercharger and risky?or just because you are making enough power you would want?
Also my hondata application showed 6.8psi boost max where as sprintex claims 8psi. It is probably bec i am living somewhere below sea level. So if i go for smaller pulley it will compensate for the loss boost ehich sprintex claims that shall make me fine without water injection also?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Just wondering why not try a smaller pulley is it asking to much from the supercharger and risky?or just because you are making enough power you would want?
Also my hondata application showed 6.8psi boost max where as sprintex claims 8psi. It is probably bec i am living somewhere below sea level. So if i go for smaller pulley it will compensate for the loss boost ehich sprintex claims that shall make me fine without water injection also?

the pulley is in my wish list. However currently being relocated to an area that is far aways from a reputable workshop/tuner.

My boost gauge and my dyno sheet has similar boost. 8.7 peak psi. Not sure whats the reading from hondata.

Im not sure what small pulley does or how realiable . Whereas there are many other supporting mods that can be done . Cause if ur main aim is whp then u need to get another car or k swap.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 04:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:

the pulley is in my wish list. However currently being relocated to an area that is far aways from a reputable workshop/tuner.

My boost gauge and my dyno sheet has similar boost. 8.7 peak psi. Not sure whats the reading from hondata.

Im not sure what small pulley does or how realiable . Whereas there are many other supporting mods that can be done . Cause if ur main aim is whp then u need to get another car or k swap.
Well my boost gauge shows 0.5 bar and sometimes hits 0.6 bar but while tuning hondata app never went above 6.8psi. Anyways since people with 8psi are doing fine with stock pulley without water injection i believe i will be fine too if i max max 8-9psi. Water injection i have been looking at snow performance what do you suggest about that? My aim is getting 160whp and i shall be satisfied. Aim is to give a run for their money to stock turbo civics and stock automatic gt86 as well as mini cooper😬
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Well my boost gauge shows 0.5 bar and sometimes hits 0.6 bar but while tuning hondata app never went above 6.8psi. Anyways since people with 8psi are doing fine with stock pulley without water injection i believe i will be fine too if i max max 8-9psi. Water injection i have been looking at snow performance what do you suggest about that? My aim is getting 160whp and i shall be satisfied. Aim is to give a run for their money to stock turbo civics and stock automatic gt86 as well as mini cooper😬

Swap ur cam to the ge 8 and ur whp will be somewhere around 150. Swap to 70 mm pulley may get around 160. Get a bored tb and ull get the peak power even sooner

Water injection im just following the suggestion from the sprintex thread before. Any brands will do just as fine i think
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:

Swap ur cam to the ge 8 and ur whp will be somewhere around 150. Swap to 70 mm pulley may get around 160. Get a bored tb and ull get the peak power even sooner

Water injection im just following the suggestion from the sprintex thread before. Any brands will do just as fine i think
The spoon cams you swapped are pretty much pricey almost half the price of the supercharger itself! Isnt it better just get smaller pulley more boost and tuning and i get 160 without any other swap or something?
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
The spoon cams you swapped are pretty much pricey almost half the price of the supercharger itself! Isnt it better just get smaller pulley more boost and tuning and i get 160 without any other swap or something?

Find halfcut or used cams. Way cheaper and still realiable
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:

Find halfcut or used cams. Way cheaper and still realiable
Let me do that. Hey jbtw do we need any kind of tuninh if we install water injection kit?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 09:22 AM

If u don tune, u will be running rich and lose power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
If u don tune, u will be running rich and lose power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So i had inquired sprintex about water to air intercooler they said we dont make one but they asked if i am planning to fabricate my own? I mean they didnt say adding intercooler is not possible? The guy was vikram?maybe a sigh of hope?maybe my guy can make a custom one and add the intercooler some how😬

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode