2016 Aftermarkert Radio Dashkit - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fediej

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Exclamation 2016 Aftermarkert Radio Dashkit

Hello,

Has anyone in CRZ forums modified a 2016 CRZ???

I have a 2016 Honda CRZ, upgraded from my 2011 which was totaled. Recently, I broke the display of my OEM Factory radio w/ out NAV. I purchased a AVH-2440NEX, wiring harnesses, and dashkit from Crutchfield and found that the 2016 dashkits DO NOT fit my 2nd gen CRZ. The hazard button and airbag indicator were updated from what was used 2011-2015. Also the dashkit does not have the botton screw to put my dash back together again. Not to mention the mounting brackets for the radio arent compatible with the 7in radio.

I have called around and every aftermarket vendor believes the dashkits are interchangeable but they are not. Many changes took place in 2016 for the CRZ. Got some quotes from the dealer on OEM replacements. Figured my best option is to purchase older OEM Hazard & Air Bag modeules and figure out a way to rig the dashkit. OEM dashkit has too big of a gap to use with the aftermarket radio. Can't find a vendor to repair the OEM radio display. See OEM figures below:

OEM Dashkit

77251svta11za $78.27

2011-2015
77251sztg01za $99

OEM Hazard Button

35510szta11 $45

2011-2015
35510szta01 $45

OEM Air Bag Indicator srs

77955szta01 $85.38

2011-2015
77955szta21 $65

Damnwell_D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 08:05 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Someone, and I apologize for not knowing who, makes a frame to fill-in that stupid bastard size around the rim of the CR-Z's undersized radio. What perverted little cretin at Honda thought this was a good idea should be eviscerated, skewered, barbecued and then killed. Then we'll break for lunch.
If you get one of the aftermarket Scosche/Metra faces, they fit properly, accommodate a 2 DIN radio, and will do away with the '16's stupid gloss frame while matching the rest of the dash finish.

You shouldn't have to replace the warning flasher button, just transfer it over.

If I can find that filler frame, I'll post it up.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I purchased the metra dashkit and it does not fit, not the 2016. Maybe it fits the 2011-2015 but not my year. Honda made alot of changes the last year they produced the CRZ. If you or anyone else who has a 2016 comes across part numbers/models that do in fact work, please post.

See link of the metra I purchased and does not fit the hazards or air bag modules and does not contain the bottom bolt hole to reattach the dashkit to the car itself.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120957...yABEgJpNPD_BwE

Damnwell_D

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 12:39 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Usually Crutchfield is pretty good about trying to get things right. If you email pics showing how it doesn't fit They may be willing to at least refund the cost of the kit. Assuming it's not all hacked up. Some of us try too hard by modifying a so called "universal" part when doing installs. 😉
Spdbump likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 07:25 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Here's the filler frame I was talking about:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2Din-Car-St...r/362504347063

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode