Anyone thought about nitrous - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Fediej

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Anyone thought about nitrous

There are a few threads here but not many I have thought about it as a short-term alt to a turbo till I get the money for a turbo always been interested but worried about laws regarding it and I try to keep a low profile however I recently did some research for the crz and it seems to be really cheap and easy to do a old forum member had talked about it and dropped off the map Im not sure if hes still here but here is the thread
https://www.crzforum.com/forum/after...t-nitrous.html
He drops off before saying he got it done however I found a youtube video from him and it does in fact seem that he finished it but have no idea what kit nor what he had to do

After doing some research I came across two kits one seems to be universal even though it says its vehicle specific its nitrous express however I found a better kit from zex for the fit and part of why Im posting this here is to the more experienced people here anyone know how feasible it would be to adapt the fit kit to the crz there seems to be many interchangeable parts across the fit(intake, cam) and crz and parts for the fit remade for the crz(sprintex supercharger)
https://www.carid.com/2013-honda-cr-...078963080.html
ZEX? Honda Fit Nitrous System

Also if there any lawyers/hard core enthusiasts here that know nitrous laws that would be epic, Im no stranger to nitrous in fact I have quite alot of experience with it as well as have done massive amounts of research on it, as a psychonaut I know quite alot about the neuropharmacology behind it and as science nerd I know quite a bit on how it works with cars but I dont have any experience nor real world knowledge about it regarding its use in cars and only know about the laws regarding the food and psychoactive aspects
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 03:05 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
It's one thing to put in some pretty lines under the Hood and a spray nozzle in the cowl, another entirely to have an actual working system. Video is from 4 years ago, hard to believe he wouldn't have posted a follow up showing everything in action. Especially after all that exciting build up in his thread. You know the rule, pics(or in this case, video) or it didn't happen. I'm sure it can be done, the kits are out there. Good luck!
litz and Jd Carter like this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fediej View Post
It's one thing to put in some pretty lines under the Hood and a spray nozzle in the cowl, another entirely to have an actual working system. Video is from 4 years ago, hard to believe he wouldn't have posted a follow up showing everything in action. Especially after all that exciting build up in his thread. You know the rule, pics(or in this case, video) or it didn't happen. I'm sure it can be done, the kits are out there. Good luck!
Part of the reason I called that thread out, in particular, is that very reason, I didnt figure it would amount to anything but I hoped ether someone that was around back them or he himself could help, however he is the closest I could find to someone getting a working system going so I figured it was worth a shot

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 03:59 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
If you want a scary powerful car, don't bother with FWD. Those tires are already working hard enough.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
If you want a scary powerful car, don't bother with FWD. Those tires are already working hard enough.
Im not a fan of rwd, Ive also been ruined by honda, rwd sucks hard lack of control, prone to fishtailing, zero off asphalt capability the last one is major for me due to where I live there has not been a rwd car or truck that I have driven that didnt just suck eggs
That said Im not a terribly big fan of fwd and that plays into what I meant by honda ruined me honda steering and gearboxes are better than ANYTHING Ive ever driven import or domestic, truck or car

My goal with the crz is a fun road trip car, not a track monster, Im weary of forced induction and I dont want to have to use premium gas as this negates the benefits of the better gas mileage but I do need more power, I have fixed all the downsides of the car from the factory my car has a very linear balanced power band and enough power to have fun on mountain passes but I still feel the need for a small bit more of power and I was thinking nos might be a better alt to forced induction for cost savings as well as I dont always need that extra power(should be noted I am a mountain man and lots of my road trips and where I live is lots of steep grades and high altitude, I live in the appalachia and I often take trips to the rockys this car now has enough power that it handles this under normal driving like a boss but still struggles when its a decent grade and Im driving spirited unless im in a really lower gear)

My goal in the next few years is to get a sti or evo I am a rallyer at heart and where I live rally is pretty big I dont have many legit options for racing and most are rallys or rallycross when I do this its gunna be a monster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode