Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Group Buy: Hybrid Racing Short Shifter Assembly

32K views 146 replies 46 participants last post by  96firephoenix 
#1 ·
Hi all

Hybrid Racing has agreed to develop a short shifter assembly for our cars, if there is enough support. For those who don't know, Hybrid Racing makes some of the best aftermarket parts for the Honda community and their short shifters are phenomenal. The short shifter would be similar to what they currently offer for other Hondas. Features include adjustable throw, adjustable shift knob height, an all metal construction, and upgraded springs, bearings and bushings (depending on design). The shifter assembly would be designed from the ground up, with all components improved and upgraded. This means a shifter that is more precise and durable than what is currently available for our cars.

Pricing should be similar to their other shifters +-$380, but is still to be confirmed. To justify R&D, Hybrid Racing requires at least 25 people to show interest and be willing to purchase one. For the time being, we are just gauging interest. Reply below if interested and I will add your name.

Here are some examples of their shifters, similar to what they would design for us.

See less See more
#88 ·
I have close contact with Hybrid Racing through a good friend of mine. He was building a few projects with them during the time they test fitted their prototype on my car.

I have moved since then, but he contacted me recently wanting a friend of mines number who also owns a CR-Z that currently lives there. I think he's gonna be the next guinea pig for the shifter because they were asking if I may have knew of anyone else with a manual CR-Z.

I will contact him tomorrow to see what's going on with it.

#91 ·
hmmmmmmm.....I have only put 900mi on my Z in a year due to having a "daily" work truck that I drive. I could send my car down there to be in their hands while they test the shifter. Only thing is it might be for a short term. I work for a large construction company and I move quite often...my current date of availability to move from this project is the end of March, and I will stuff my car to the gills with things I need for the next project. Might end up in Louisiana anyway on an LNG plant build.

But anyway, I am probably willing to give the car up in order to get this thing going. If anyone with a contact can let me know what they need that would be great.

#92 ·
I just shot HR a message to hear if they still need a test vehicle. It seems like they are making progress!

This is the latest:
Yes, we have been in contact with a local customer that let us use their car. Since the CRZ shifter and the new FK8 shifter will have a lot of the same parts, we are just finalizing a few more things before we are ready for the next stage.

#93 ·
Alright guys. I got an update from my friend back at home. He went to Hybrid Racing in December and had them do some more testing with their prototype.

He said everything lined up, but they want to do a little more tweaking. They are aiming for production early this year. They want to drop it along side their Type R shifter because they use similar parts, so makes sense why they are waiting.

Here's a few images.

#94 ·
Here's the latest from Hybrid Racing, for those who haven't seen the FB post.

David Cordell said:
Here are some new shots of the HR CR-Z shifter assembly. Currently testing pre-production versions. The colors and finishes are not final, the overall look may change slightly. Anyone that is interested in getting on the pre-order list please contact us: Sales@hybrid-racing.com. You'll be put on a waiting list. Once we have all of the final information, price, ship date, etc, you will get a message first. I've been testing a similar version in my FK8 and it's epic to say the least. #hybridracing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.