The Sprintex Thread - Page 239 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 218Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2381 of 2401 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 06:04 PM

Hello, Do anyone here know the size or part number of the O-Ring between the Supercharger BODY and the Sprinter Supercharger MANIFOLD? I am talking about the 0-Ring for that SQUARE opening below the Supercharger BODY and NOT the O-Ring on the intake elbow. Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2382 of 2401 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 07:30 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA View Post
Hello, Do anyone here know the size or part number of the O-Ring between the Supercharger BODY and the Sprinter Supercharger MANIFOLD? I am talking about the 0-Ring for that SQUARE opening below the Supercharger BODY and NOT the O-Ring on the intake elbow. Thank You
I wasted a lot of time, trying to get the people at Sprintex to sell me a spare gasket set when I had mine apart a couple of years ago. Never did get a match for the square O-Ring, so I was hoping to find one next time by taking the old one in to the parts store and find a match. I was also thinking, if it came down to it, I'd use the old O-Ring with the assistance of HondaBond to get a good seal out of the old one.
(I'm willing to nag Sprintex again, if you haven't done so, yet. I just got tired of dealing with them with no results at the time.)

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #2383 of 2401 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:52 AM

Hi so my crz is finally tuned by help of and indonesian tuner steve. Its a 2010 jdm spec zf1 cvt. i only have a supercircuit header/downpipe and test pipe installed i was able to pull 138whp on dynojet. Something i noticed after this tune was that now when i am at a stop and signal turns green i lightly put my foot on the pedal to start going the car bogs for a second or so and then its normal what can that be? Another this is that around 5000rpm on auto mode my rpm jumps down to around 4500 and then back up this is at full wot is it the clutch slipping? Should i change the tranny oil?attaching my dyno chart
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DE6341BB-0B73-4373-8883-2BC9E8F1EE0D_1553845926640.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	50715  

post #2384 of 2401 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 06:34 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by talhasadiq700 View Post
Hi so my crz is finally tuned by help of and indonesian tuner steve. Its a 2010 jdm spec zf1 cvt. i only have a supercircuit header/downpipe and test pipe installed i was able to pull 138whp on dynojet. Something i noticed after this tune was that now when i am at a stop and signal turns green i lightly put my foot on the pedal to start going the car bogs for a second or so and then its normal what can that be? Another this is that around 5000rpm on auto mode my rpm jumps down to around 4500 and then back up this is at full wot is it the clutch slipping? Should i change the tranny oil?attaching my dyno chart
See if you can catch the symptoms on a data log and send the file to the tuner with your questions for him to review, to see if he sees anything amiss. As for the CVT acting up, I've just experienced so goofy things going on with mine lately, but not consistently enough to figure it out. Mine has revved up to red line at WOT, but didn't auto shift and stay there (at red line) as I held into the throttle. I had to let off for long enough for it to settle down, then got back into it, and everything was fine. It was acting like a manual transmission would act if you didn't change the gear in 3rd at red line...just kept bouncing off the rev limiter (something that is not normal in a CVT.) I figure you should check/change the fluid and filter on yours, as that's what I'm going to do to see if it makes the gremlins go away.

Nice to see you've got it tuned up, and I hope the tuner can just adjust the tune to get rid of the stumbling when starting off from a dead stop, but that could possibly be the CVT too, since I think I've heard some similar complaints about that, though it hasn't happened to me.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT and the 6-Speed | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | HPD | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #2385 of 2401 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litz View Post
Quote:
See if you can catch the symptoms on a data log and send the file to the tuner with your questions for him to review, to see if he sees anything amiss. As for the CVT acting up, I've just experienced so goofy things going on with mine lately, but not consistently enough to figure it out. Mine has revved up to red line at WOT, but didn't auto shift and stay there (at red line) as I held into the throttle. I had to let off for long enough for it to settle down, then got back into it, and everything was fine. It was acting like a manual transmission would act if you didn't change the gear in 3rd at red line...just kept bouncing off the rev limiter (something that is not normal in a CVT.) I figure you should check/change the fluid and filter on yours, as that's what I'm going to do to see if it makes the gremlins go away.

Nice to see you've got it tuned up, and I hope the tuner can just adjust the tune to get rid of the stumbling when starting off from a dead stop, but that could possibly be the CVT too, since I think I've heard some similar complaints about that, though it hasn't happened to me.
Hey litz. Well while on auto mode my cvt tends to remain at the redline only even after gear shifts it never comes down. That is how cvt works i believe? They just shift gears at redline rpm just doesnt drop? Alright so i figured out when i turned the AC on right after leaving the brake the rpm would drop toh 400-500 and then get back up my tuner said its probably idle relearn so i did that from a youtube video which shows holding rpm at 3000 until radiator fan is own and then letting it idle for 5min i guess that is the way?i think it did help to stop the rpm from dropping but i feel that bog is still there.
post #2386 of 2401 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Hi sorry for interuppting but i wanted to ask did you manage to put the smaller pulley on your fit with sprintex or no?
post #2387 of 2401 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 08:56 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Hey litz. Well while on auto mode my cvt tends to remain at the redline only even after gear shifts it never comes down. That is how cvt works i believe? They just shift gears at redline rpm just doesn't drop?...
Yes, that's how it normally works in auto mode--RPM's stay up there right at redline in wide open throttle as you increase speed--never dropping down or going over and/or hitting the rev limiter. However, I've had a couple times in which it didn't work as designed--it would not allow me to pick up more speed because it was not doing its internal shifting and just hitting the rev limiter and cutting power to the engine. It did not allow the car to accelerate over 20-30 MPH until I let off the throttle completely and gave it a few seconds to normalize, then it was okay and acting normal.

Put another way: Normally, the CVT will never hit the rev limiter, even in manual shift mode, as it automatically UP shifts (noticeably) if you have it set in too low of a gear, and automatically (and seamlessly) stays just under the point of hitting the rev limiter in auto mode. It should never hit the rev limiter with the CVT, as it would with the 6-Speed. So what's been happening with mine recently, is that it--at times--actually activates the rev limiter.

post #2388 of 2401 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 09:01 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
...so i figured out when i turned the AC on right after leaving the brake the rpm would drop toh 400-500 and then get back up my tuner said its probably idle relearn so i did that from a youtube video...
click here for Idle Control Learn & CKP Pattern learn procedure

post #2389 of 2401 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litz View Post
Quote:
I wasted a lot of time, trying to get the people at Sprintex to sell me a spare gasket set when I had mine apart a couple of years ago. Never did get a match for the square O-Ring, so I was hoping to find one next time by taking the old one in to the parts store and find a match. I was also thinking, if it came down to it, I'd use the old O-Ring with the assistance of HondaBond to get a good seal out of the old one.
(I'm willing to nag Sprintex again, if you haven't done so, yet. I just got tired of dealing with them with no results at the time.) [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/CRZForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_plain.png[/IMG]
Hi so i wanted to ask is it not possible to even mount intercooler like there used to be on old engines like 4efte just like sprintex have on gt86 supercharger?
Attaching pic for reference
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	466E0AFC-E0AF-48B6-9EBB-22EB5F4550D0_1553967426096.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	50727   Click image for larger version

Name:	A14EAA29-1A18-4701-BE86-B61AD87E9D64_1553967436012.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	50729  
post #2390 of 2401 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 02:01 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Hi so i wanted to ask is it not possible to even mount intercooler like there used to be on old engines like 4efte just like sprintex have on gt86 supercharger?
Attaching pic for reference
Not on the Sprintex, since it's a twin-screw, mounted on top of the manifold, AND there's such a low-profile manifold, that there's no room for any design to fit (unless you create/design a collector between the existing manifold and the Sprintex, which would raise the mounted height of the Sprintex to about six inches above the hood level. I think someone did put an "inter-cooler" on, but it was more of a "pre-cooler." which would not cool down the supercharged air into the combustion chamber, but just make it more consistent in temperature before it hits the twin-screws.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode