Honda Urban SUV Concept - Coming to U.S.A in 2014? - Page 2 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Super Duper Member

I don't agree with Honda on this one. Crosstour, CR-V, Pilot and Ridgeline, yeah we definitely need more SUVs in that lineup. Slowly moving away from the practical, utilitarian and efficient status Honda is most well known for. It will split the Honda lineup from majority passenger cars, to half passenger, and half SUV.

There are over 300 different individual models of SUV made worldwide: List of sport utility vehicles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But we totally need more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtJDM View Post
Aren't all SUVs urban?
Sure does appear that way. Jumping a curb is technically off the road! This point is one of the reasons I'm not for new SUVs, they will be used to go to the grocery store, drop the kids off at school and take soccer mom to the nail salon. They are purchased with the mistaken notion that SUVs are safer than passenger cars, which is false, and are almost never taken off road by the overwhelming majority of owners. A few will, and props to them, but they are the smallest of minority. An SUV owner is basically paying to haul around extra unneeded steel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 01:58 AM

I am also a great admirer of Honda brand because of their unique and elegant designing with simplicity to drive the car without compromising the quality and standard of their highly graceful cars.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 03:14 AM

I hope we get the Vezel / HRV over on this side of the world. It looks good. Currently we only have the CRV in the SUV lineup and it has gotten quite large in its recent incarnation. We do not have a Crosstour, Pilot or Ridgeline as mentioned above, so this one would make sense in our market.

I would definitely not replace my baby with this, but I would like one in the family.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
The latest googling for news still has no official US release date, they keep referring to it as "the 2016 Honda HR-V" which doesn't bode well for the release date.

A couple videos cropped up end of last month describing it as coming with a single engine option, a 130 HP 1.8L, either a 6 speed manual or a CVT. Option for front wheel drive or Honda's real time AWD. The catch is you can only have the manual with the front wheel drive (boo!).

I think its a real bummer you can't get the AWD with the manual. As my presence here as a CRZ owner suggests, I can deal with 130 HP if I get to manage and apply it through a six speed. Had the CRZ had no manual option, I would never have considered it. Now, had the HR-V never mentioned a manual option, it just would have simplified things for me as I would have said well thats too bad just like how you could never get a 4 door 4x4 s10 pickup with manual. But to tease with offering two great options and making them exclusive...aaaarg.

Still haven't heard anything on the mileage. I would expect at 130 HP it should be good. I suspect stock performance will be rather lackluster though (they aren't leaving me much extra power for oversize mudders )

The styling is still good so far, the concept was better but as they are currently showing it I'd probably still buy it. Given that its winter now and I'm fighting my way around minnesota with 2wd and no ground clearance, got 60k on my car plenty dinged up and just... not new... if a AWD 6MT HR-V popped up on a lot tomorrow in the right color I'd be highly inclined to trade in.

But since they keep calling it "2016 HR-V" my guess is I have at least one more winter to fare in the CR-Z. That should be fine. Just can't have any kids until then

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode